Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

dB difference between standard and Akrapovic

AusJim

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any specs for the dB difference between the OEM Tenere 700 muffler and the Akrapovic which comes with the Rally model?  Not looking at any year in particular, just trying to get a comparison.  I like the idea of dropping a little weight and maybe a teaspoon more power, but I value my hearing above these considerations.  Thanks everyone!

I’ve had both and say there is not a noticeable difference- as standard the akro is pretty tame 

• Like 1

Hey Lewie thanks for taking the time to reply.  That's good news...

I can’t deliver dB specs but would guess they are pretty much the same. I was almost disappointed with mine at first though it is a little more throaty, it does get a bit more after several thousand km but not loud. Now it sounds perfect even with the dB killer and has a nice bark blipping the throttle on a downshift. 
Mine is the first model EU4 2020 rally edition ackrapovic. If you don’t remove the dB killer it won’t be noticeable louder than the stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HomerFX said:

I can’t deliver dB specs but would guess they are pretty much the same. I was almost disappointed with mine at first though it is a little more throaty, it does get a bit more after several thousand km but not loud. Now it sounds perfect even with the dB killer and has a nice bark blipping the throttle on a downshift. 
Mine is the first model EU4 2020 rally edition ackrapovic. If you don’t remove the dB killer it won’t be noticeable louder than the stock. 

I think that’s the Same as on mine

IMG_9470.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks the same just a different sticker. 
No idea how why the photo is upside down.  8C6A675C-57FD-4933-BF2B-EB26E9052201.jpeg.6d4e7a1de6658912846b4c4e2dbdc78d.jpeg

I believe that’s the Antipodean variant 

presumably ideal for Ausjim?

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 1

Thanks Lewie and Homer FX!  Hehe yeah that's definitely the Down Under edition!  Hey Lewie is that the Kent Battle of Britain Museum?

It's quite as stock but has a very slight extra burbel when you take the baffle out. Still not loud as the cat blocks most of the sound.  Once I put a headed on I put the baffle back in.  It's a straight through baffle so does drop much power when in but makes it a bit quieter for early mornings