Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

My 2024 Tenere 700 with Farkels

SteveInNorCal

@SteveInNorCal Nice bike and build!

I saw your comment about carpal tunnel, and thought I'd share that I experienced that in my right wrist about eight years ago. While riding my R1200GS-LC (one of the smoothest bikes I've owned), within 10 miles my right hand would get so numb I couldn't tell how much pressure I was applying to the front brake lever. No such issues when I'd then jump on my DR650, so ergonomics must have been a factor. Anyway, within three days of corrective surgery I was back on the computer keyboard for work, was riding again a week later and no more carpal tunnel issues. 

Hope you enjoy your T7 as much as I do mine. 

very nice bike !!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome from Arizona.  Nicely appointed T7 and the spreadsheet is nice touch. I'm married to an Accountant so I've seen a few of those in my day, but they usually detail how much money I shouldn't have spent! Looking at your oem 2024 LED turn signals and how much better they look, I think I'll start searching for threads that cover the conversion from the bouncing pumpkins. Enjoy the bike, my son & I are eyeing the NorCal BDR so if you have any current Intel, please share.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@AZJW my wife has an MBA and carefully monitors my spending on toys. This has never been a good thing for my car racing and motorcycling efforts!

At least she is a good sport, because I have bought bikes while she is away from home on more than one occasion.  🤣

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/24/2024 at 6:47 AM, AZJW said:

Welcome from Arizona.  Nicely appointed T7 and the spreadsheet is nice touch. I'm married to an Accountant so I've seen a few of those in my day, but they usually detail how much money I shouldn't have spent! Looking at your oem 2024 LED turn signals and how much better they look, I think I'll start searching for threads that cover the conversion from the bouncing pumpkins. Enjoy the bike, my son & I are eyeing the NorCal BDR so if you have any current Intel, please share.

Nothing yet, I've got a trip to CO first half of Sept and UT second half.  Plan to do the NorCal BDR in October.  Should be cooler temps by then too.  From what I've seen it looks great.

• Moderators
On 8/28/2024 at 6:16 PM, SteveInNorCal said:

Nothing yet, I've got a trip to CO first half of Sept and UT second half.  Plan to do the NorCal BDR in October.  Should be cooler temps by then too.  From what I've seen it looks great.

Enjoy your trips and I think you'll find the T7 a really good BDR platform. Hopefully the NorCal BDR isn't a tour of burnt matchsticks.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Howdy Steve... 

Thanks for the itemized lists...  Really saved me some time.   Been looking at the bike for four ( 4 ) years now. 

Randomly speaking to my now expired MIL's next door neighbor whom I knew rode and we'd had short convos to get out and do it. 

He recently sold a Goldwing, now selling his KLR ( but he had several more dirt capable bikes before that ) told me our mostly Quad and SxS motorsport shop had some T7s, which surprised me.  ...even moreso on sale. 

So I'm running up against the pick-and-choose add-ons list with most priority on convenience. 

I'll probably have some questions along the way.   Nice to meet you.   

Bob 

"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to  a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these  are secondary to the need to feel alive."    - AntiHero ADV Rider

4 hours ago, RobRoy said:

Howdy Steve... 

Thanks for the itemized lists...  Really saved me some time.   Been looking at the bike for four ( 4 ) years now. 

Randomly speaking to my now expired MIL's next door neighbor whom I knew rode and we'd had short convos to get out and do it. 

He recently sold a Goldwing, now selling his KLR ( but he had several more dirt capable bikes before that ) told me our mostly Quad and SxS motorsport shop had some T7s, which surprised me.  ...even moreso on sale. 

So I'm running up against the pick-and-choose add-ons list with most priority on convenience. 

I'll probably have some questions along the way.   Nice to meet you.   

Bob 

When you get one you'll love it.  And it's fun (and pretty easy) to work on and since the T7 is so popular you'll have a lot of choices to make it uniquely yours!  Enjoy it!

Steve,

We cleared two ( 2) units off the floor...  🙂

First things first....  That tail has to go immediately.  LOL 

I'll probably put a 'Paw' on the kickstand, spools on the swinger.

The front fender has to go UP, and I'll need a rear rack to sack stuff.

After that I'll ride it some, re-calibrate the 'money throttle' then figure out where to go from there.  

Thousand dollar cart clearing is painful, but fun ! 

I can hear the girl now, "What now ? ".  🙂

"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to  a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these  are secondary to the need to feel alive."    - AntiHero ADV Rider