Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

KKE Wheels Tubeless Wheel Set

SXXP

They are up for order on their website.  Almost double the cost of the standard version (that I have and converted to tubeless using the 3M tape method.

Fitment: Compatible with Yamaha Tenere 700 2019-2024 WHEELS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH OEM DISC AND SPROCKET   Features: 6082T6 ALUMINUM CNC PRODUCED HUB 7050T6 ALUMINUM RIM 304 STAINLESS STEEL...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cirus said:

Yep

Hmmm that is tempting. Any idea if oem bearings fit? 

"Strong enough for on road and racing"

Back to the drawing board I guess

Screenshot_20240809_095131_Chrome.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2024 at 9:36 PM, SXXP said:

They are up for order on their website.  Almost double the cost of the standard version (that I have and converted to tubeless using the 3M tape method.

Fitment: Compatible with Yamaha Tenere 700 2019-2024 WHEELS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH OEM DISC AND SPROCKET   Features: 6082T6 ALUMINUM CNC PRODUCED HUB 7050T6 ALUMINUM RIM 304 STAINLESS STEEL...

How is the tubeliss conversion working and do they have a safety bead in them?

@john_aero Answers to your Qs in this thread 

No update  since then as I have been off the bike for a couple of months nursing a bad back.

Edited by SXXP

12 minutes ago, SXXP said:

@john_aero Answers to your Qs in this thread 

No update  since then as I have been off the bike for a couple of months nursing a bad back.

Looking online there doesn't seem to be a safety bead or is there?

As mentioned in the link above, neither rim has a safety bead.

• Like 1

I sealed my OEM wheels a couple of years ago, and after 3 tire changes they still work great. I taco'd the stock front on a rock at about 2500kms from new, and after straightening it, sealed it. Still works. No leaks. Keep my pressure above 25 psi.

I bought a set of tubed Woody's wheels for my knobby off-road/BDR riding, which also work great, and provide MUCH better rock protection than the stockers due to being narrower, and much tougher. .

• Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/9/2024 at 12:41 PM, Canzvt said:

I sealed my OEM wheels a couple of years ago, and after 3 tire changes they still work great. I taco'd the stock front on a rock at about 2500kms from new, and after straightening it, sealed it. Still works. No leaks. Keep my pressure above 25 psi.

I bought a set of tubed Woody's wheels for my knobby off-road/BDR riding, which also work great, and provide MUCH better rock protection than the stockers due to being narrower, and much tougher. .

Similar experience here.  I did a DIY tubeless conversion on my OEM rear wheel three years ago.  Still have the same tire on it (Motoz Tractionator Adventure) with about 7,000 miles on it.  It’s held up well on several BDR type rides with some heavy off-road rocky miles as well as longer road miles.  I lose one or two PSI per month if the bike sits, but other than that it’s been solid.  I may eventually pick up a set of tubeless wheels, but as of now I don’t really need to.  

Edited by Seventh Son