Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Off-The-Road steel brake lines w/ ABS

GabbyMikka

I ordered @OFF THE ROAD front and rear steel braided brake lines with ABS. The front was set for the High Fender and required an additional distro block that sent a single line to each calliper. This means you don't need to fart around with break lines when taking the front fender off. 

Quality: The lines were equal to what I've had on Triumphs and Ducatis. The packages came with more washers than needed, which was still more than I needed after dropping a few. The packaging included the lines, mounting blocks and washers. No instructions. But OTR was able to give me some pointers. The front distro block is aluminium-painted black. And is CNC'ed from a single piece.  The only part I was disappointed in was the brake line guides. They're plastic, and the nut is not moulded into the part. They're okay, but they felt cheap compared to the other parts. 

Install: If I were to do this again, I'd have trashed the whole ABS system. 

• Rear Brakes: You get four lines: (1) cylinder to OEM ABS metal tube; (1) Caliper to OEM ABS metal tube; (2) ABS module to OEM ABS metal tube. You'll need to pull the tank, plastics and silencer to install. It would help if you could get the air box out. I couldn't, and that added about 60 minutes to the installation.  Taking it all off at once and then putting it back on, starting from the ABS and ending with the calliper, seems to work the best.
  • Front Brakes: You need to preattach your lines to the distro block and mount the distro block before connecting any lines to the ABS module. This way, you can get everything set right before tightening.

Suggestions: Instructions would have been excellent. I would have paid €20 more if everything came in a single kit, at least for the front and rear kits. And an option to add in brake pads would have been tits. 

Would I rebuy it? Yes. Only because this was the most sorted for sorting the front brakes in preparation for a high fender. But I think I would have removed the ABS module. 

• Like 1