Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is this a complete toolset for trail repairs?

SBVTools Pro Mechanic BMW, KTM, Japanese & Triumph Motorcycle Tool Set Suits for different Brands Models of motorcycle: This set is a...

And with rally raid tyre lever, replacement tubes and a hand pump. 

Do I need anything else in your experience? 

• Like 1

No

Some sort of JB weld type quick epoxy, bailing wire/tie wire, zip ties, duct tape.

I have adopted the policy of all the tools in the world won’t help you if you don’t have parts to replace whatever’s broken so why carry all that crap?

• Dislike 1

Definitely overkill for “trailside” repairs. Looks like you could completely disassemble the bike and tear down the engine with that (or at least I’d hope so given the price…).

I put a kit together that allows me to remove both wheels for patching tubes and pull off any panels plus the quick fix items mpatch mentioned above. 

If you’re happy spending the money and you’ve got room on the bike go for it!

If you want to save money and space carry out the jobs you foresee yourself tackling trailside in your garage and make a custom toolkit using only those tools.

• Like 1

One tool I’ve fell in love with as it replaces many others is a pliers wrench. Knipex if you have the money of a knockoff.  They are damn near as good as a proper wrench/socket in most cases. 
Don’t forget a small/medium size vice grips. 

Bugger the hand pump; get an electric.

I have the older version of the Motopressor and it is a cracker.

The MotoPressor Pocket Pump V2 is the perfect lightweight companion for riders who need a reliable tire inflator. Its ultra-compact design makes it easy to carry, and it'll inflate a 150/70/ R18 tire in under 4 minutes! The entire kit...

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

That's a lot of money to carry stuff you don't need.

I built my tool kit around a motion pro 1/4 drive T bar.

1/4 sockets take up much less room and can do most jobs if they're quality...limitations are notably caliper bolts and sump bung.

Both of those are accessible with a spanner though

All my sockets probably weigh  less than that 19mm spanner you don't need.

I've also got handy stuff like utility knife (gerber eab lite) small prybar, a facom four way screwdriver, file, wet and dry paper, electrical tape, malleable wire, side cuts, knipex cobra 180's, proper allen keys plus Allen sockets, and a front axle tool all in a maxpedition fatty EDC pouch that fits under a standard seat.

It's overkill for trailside repairs but easily carried 

Edited by sunndog

The only way to get an "ultimate" tool kit for a bike imo is to use it for all repair and maintenance jobs so you know you have all common fastners ect covered and what you've got will actually do the job, then add extra things like utility knife ect

In that kit above the second to last section on the right seems to be virtually useless to a t7. 

You say you have a rally raid spanner? Sure that covers the rear axle bolt so there's nothing in that entire section you need, on top of the big 19mm spanner

Is that two spark plug sockets?

You only need one of them at most

Edited by sunndog
  • Like 1

Tore, when I looked at your post I assumed that tool kit was available in different models customized to suit the motorcycles in the list. Learning that it is "universal", I lost interest. SVBTools are not a thing here in the U.S.; maybe you have some assurance their quality is as good as they claim.

I agree with sunndog, 1/4 “ drive stuff for most things on a bike, with sockets you need and bit set. Then any tool of your choice for the heavy duty wheel changing tasks etc. 
corkscrew. So you can open a nice bottle of plonk when the bike is shagged. 

11 minutes ago, Tore said:

What about this one then? 

This ultra-compact tool kit is packed with functionality for Metric motorcycles, UTV, ATV, Snowmobiles, Snowbikes, and personal watercraft.

Any central piece i am missing? 

Too far the other way lol

Make your own kit up dude it's worth it

• Like 1

If you wanna do it on the cheap and have a dedicated bike tool kit. Work on the bike and make notes of what you need. Go to a pawnshop and find their bins full of random wrenches and sockets  and buy exactly what you need.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tore said:

SBVTools Pro Mechanic BMW, KTM, Japanese & Triumph Motorcycle Tool Set Suits for different Brands Models of motorcycle: This set is a...

And with rally raid tyre lever, replacement tubes and a hand pump. 

Do I need anything else in your experience? 

I have that kit. I added a Harbour Frieght Pitsburg screw driver, orange handle dykes, and a 3/8"->1/4" socket adapter.

It's my home / base camp set up.