Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Its time I said hello

Stagger Lee

Been lurking for a couple months. Had my bike for similar time. A '23 with 2000kms, have put another three on it. Loving it so far, except for the buffeting.

First thing I did was lace up a 2.5" rear, SM Pro. Tires are so much cheaper and easier to mount trailside, can also run some nice knobs if warranted. Currently have a 140 RallZ, pretty much dusted after 3000kms.

Second was a full Yosh and dyno tune. Gained some power and smoothed out throttle response. Very pleased.

B&B Offroad bashplate and some Barkbusters. Resisting crashbars for now.

Came here from Thumper Talk. I have a big bore DRZ400 that has done me well but was time for some comfort. I live in the north island of New Zealand and mostly ride gravel roads. Love taking photos and making the odd vid. Will post some of the better ones. Here are a few pics for now.

T7 9.jpg

T7 11.jpg

T7 12.jpg

drz 50.jpg

IMG_0844(1).jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

Welcome from Arizona.  Surprised to read you only got 3000km (1865 miles) from your 140 RallZ. I ride sharp AZ rocks about 40% of the time and my rear 150 RallZ regularly give me 6,500 miles of wear. Maybe the 140 size plus your terrain is the difference? 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

It could be my all gas, all brake approach to riding. 🙂I go through D606s on my Drz the same. Packed gravel can be quite sharp Id say.

• Like 1

Must be a southern hemisphere thing with the Rallz. I get about the same.

Welcome from the other side of the ditch.

Only been to the South Island ( friends near Christchurch ) so looking forward to some photos.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

4 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Must be a southern hemisphere thing with the Rallz. I get about the same.

Welcome from the other side of the ditch.

Only been to the South Island ( friends near Christchurch ) so looking forward to some photos.

Hey there, It is good to know I'm not the only one.