Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi to all

PtoGen

Bought a T-7 last summer moving on from a R1200GS. The GS was a terrific bike but at 63YO it seemed to get heavier off road each year. Love the T-7.
  • Like 3

Welcome!

Greetings from Germany

Hi from Oz!

I went from a F8GS to the T7.

The T7 is just as heavy to pick up 🤣 but I guess the 1200 had a bit more girth.

It is more nimble though.

I am 62 and have had the bike for 4 years.

Not looking to change any time soon.

Enjoy.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Greetings!

My R1200GS sat in the garage corner more and more after my T7 moved in, just because the T7 was so much fun to ride. Finally got rid of the GS after 18 months of that and my 64 year old self is still having a blast riding the T7 with no end in sight.

Maybe one of you smart computer guys @AZJW could make a post polling peoples ages.

ADV rider are surprisingly old seasoned. I am 65 for a month yet...

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

16 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Maybe one of you smart computer guys @AZJW could make a post polling peoples ages.

ADV rider are surprisingly old seasoned. I am 65 for a month yet...

• Like 2

Wow... Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks DT!

I better ride a lot more, my days are numbered!

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Wow... Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks DT!

I better ride a lot more, my days are numbered!

You can just call me Radar. ( you young whippersnappers will probably need to look that one up) 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Its surprising to see the top categories!  It seems ADV bikes are a last grab before a person has to quit riding?

Edited by DT675

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DT675 said:

Its surprising to see the top categories!  It seems ADV bikes are a last grab before a person has to quite riding?

Yep, street and medium duty dirt roads are ( usually) much better to the body.  My 94 yo ex-desert racer friend, who I chase around on his DR650 on back roads said " I gave up dirt riding when I hit 85", but he's the exception. I've had enough major get-offs with the dirt bike over the past year, that are pushing me towards selling it and sticking with the T7 and more sedate off roading adventures.   

• Like 4

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

Its surprising to see the top categories!  It seems ADV bikes are a last grab before a person has to quite riding?

...and, they are such heavy beasts for old men to lift😀

• Moderators
1 minute ago, SXXP said:

I gave up trying to lift these things after one practice session.  My 36" long inseam & bad back, coupled with how flat the T7 lies has me carrying something similar to this for my frequent solo rides. 

The LC2500 MotoWinch; the larger of the two Motowinches; LC2500 MotoWinch motorcycle jack or hoist, suitable for the heavier street motorcycles and cruisers and large capacity adventure bikes with a high centre of gravity...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZJW said:

I gave up trying to lift these things after one practice session.  My 36" long inseam & bad back, coupled with how flat the T7 lies has me carrying something similar to this for my frequent solo rides. 

The LC2500 MotoWinch; the larger of the two Motowinches; LC2500 MotoWinch motorcycle jack or hoist, suitable for the heavier street motorcycles and cruisers and large capacity adventure bikes with a high centre of gravity...

On the top of my short list of must-have things to purchase👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SXXP said:

Right.  Seems counterintuitive.  I guess the internal drive to be a younger-than-you-are hoodlum is stronger than the sense to have a lighter bike lol.

(Just poking a little fun at us all, no offense meant)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1