Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

World Raid OEM Crash Bars

Harvey M

Firstly i would like to say hi to all you lucky Tenere owners and thanks to the forum organisers. 

I have just bought my first Tenere and been wanting one since before their initial release and so very happy to now own one.

Now i am after a little help please if anyone can .  I am looking for the mounting instructions for the World Raid  oem front crash bars. I have bought some second hand and they dont have them with them. I think its a little poor that Yamaha dont have a pdf on there web shop where i can download as paper gets lost and not very eco friendly nowadays to print.  

My new , second hand bars also do not have the lower bracket that is visible on the pics in web shop  and i see many people7 workshops seem not to bother fitting these brackets as i can see empty bolt holes where they would fit. I suppose its because of the extra work that fitting these would involve as need to remove some plastics i believe. So yes i am intersted in your thoughts on not fitting these brackets and mostly has anyone a copy or photo of the instructions please so i can see how Yamaha say they should be mounted.

Many Thanks

Screenshot_20240615_180927_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240619_110546_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Harvey M

Know can help me with this? Please.

So Many thanks to @Lanky6 for supplying me with these pics. By posting here.. Maybe can we can help others in the future (Inc many people i have seen mounted incorrectly while searching for info by not fitting the lower mount bracket and bushes in the wrong places.)

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dude ... I just saw this and had the same crash bars installed at the dealer, I was in the workshop and ended up helping the mechanic a little it as this was the first time they had fit the OEM crash bars to the T7 WR, so have an idea how they go on and they were quite tight to fit, some leveraging was required to get bolts lined up etc ... not sure I can help in any way, but if you or anyone needs any pics or info on them then reply here or ping me a PM (caveat, I don't come here very often and this is my first post, so apologies if it takes some time to respond). 

Quick review of these OEM bars for anyone curious about them:

Personally I think they are perfect.  Slimmer, lighter and very in-keeping with the bike's lines than many aftermarket bars.  My T7 WR originally came with the Crosspro crash bars, which I felt were heavier when riding and were intrusive since they bolt round the back of tanks (on the rider side) and I kept banging my knees on them even on the test ride I knew I wanted to change them for something else. 

I am sure they are not stronger than some of the aftermarket crash bars, and most likely do not offer the total "tank" style protection of others, but I would say that the cross braces on these both at the top and bottom will add decent strength, plus there is the additional support from the inbuilt crash bar in the World Raid's frame ... without ever wanting to test them, I think the combo will do a decent job of keeping the main part of the bike protected ... and in any case, rocks and pointy things will always find their way through if you are riding off road, so perhaps a bit of a mute point and a lot of luck needed with any off road spills. 

FWIW: I live in the Western Algarve, have put about 6500-7000km on the T7 over the past 4-5 months, have done couple of decent road based tours round Portugal and into Spain recently, with maybe 20% of the riding so far being off-road on what I would say are fairly steady dusty and sandy trails.   

I actually started testing out a bit of bashing videos of my trips on youtube recently, with a bunch more to come with better quality soon from the above Portugal and Spanish tours and hoping to do more in future ... link below if you are interested: 

https://youtube.com/@dustyearth?si=XzkVIIjnEgUZw5Ty

Edited by DustyBloke

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

Thanks for the reply. Only just noticed you wrote it. Interesting to read your opinions. I  agree totally with you on the fact that original look sleek with keeping the lines of the bike shape and not obtrusive.  I bought some second hand and have them fitted currently apart from the seller did not supply me the 2 brackets that fit near lower mounting point and require removal of the plastics to mount. Looking at many pics of motos with them fitted ,it seems alot don't bother fitting these brackets.  I think maybe they are more a safety feature to stop the mounts falling down on front wheel or mudguard should you loose the bolts from the centre top mount under head light. 

Do you remember fitting these brackets on yours?

Funny enough I am considering buying some  Crosspro aluminium as they looked like the next nicest fit with the  plastics etc  and run parallel with the Yamaha built in bar. Unlike others.   So i like the idea of the extra strength but also worry about leg contact when seated...

I think people will say that the cross pro ones being aluminium won’t be strong enough 

I have a set fitted to my ‘22 T7

purely for cosmetic looks - I’ve actually just removed them and plan to spray them satin black as I’ve changed the colour of my bike 

I’m pretty sure the make the same bars for AS