Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Problem with rear bound adjuster

Fafou

Hello. 

Was trying to set my suspension correctly today.

Unfortunately, my rear bound shock adjuster ( bottom one) is « clicking » when turning, but it never stop turning…! Why the heck? First time I touch it and the t7 is 2200km…

The screw is turning a quarter turn, with the normal clicking sound, but next quarter turn is « popping », as if it was coming back to first position, and then re turning with regular clicking, and repopping and so on and so on…  both clockwise and anti clockwise 

I was just adjusting all my suspensions according to the settings of Sweden nomad video, all adjuster worked perfectly except this one.. also adjusted the pre load before everything. Since my t7 is equipped with 27 kg of accessories (crash bars, top case, central staand etc) , it ended up being set with the max pre load. Don’t know if it’s linked or not 

I am really worrying about this, dont want something to be broken haha 

Hope someone can help  😄

cheerz

The rear shock rebound adjuster is very fragile because of the fine threads cut directly into the aluminum shock body. While making adjustments the rebound adjuster started just freewheeling...it turned out that the tapered portion of the needle that interfaces with the piston rod had somehow pushed beyond the tapered area & was just spinning freely on the shaft...fortunately a local suspension shop was able to have a machinist fix the treads & get it working normally again.  Yamaha only sells entire shock assemblies & are very expensive making an aftermarket shock more viable had I had to replace it.  This issue has been posted by others a few times before...your bike may still be under warranty, so would take it back to the dealer.

• Thanks 1

Okey bad news. 
I’ll see with the dealer if it can goes through warranty. In the meantime, is it bad if I drive like this ? The upper adjuster has been set with 10 click if I remember correctly, and the bottom one I don’t even think it had the opportunity to even change the click, think it was already failed. So probably in factory condition. Should I put back upper adjuster into factory position as well in the meantime ?