Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Old- and Youngtimer Show in northern Germany

Ede-DE

Posted (edited)

Today I visited a meeting and show near my home. Nice ride to get there with a friend and his (young timer) BMW 100 GS. He was allowed to park on the show area, I had to park my T7 outside. There were lots of interesting cars in the open but the best were roofed. English, italian, french, german and american vehicles of all ages. In one of the halls there were a row of Eglis. Fritz Egli was a famous producer of excellent frames. He's retired now but his creations are still in use and going strong.

The green Egli-Vincent is the dayly ride of it's owner! The CBX-Egli-Honda I have never heard of before and seen it for the first time. All the Eglis are still being used for street rides or racing.

In my early 20s I owned a Rau-Suzuki GS550. Rau frames were a 1:1 german copy of Egli's frames. Few of my friends were proud owners of Eglis. That's why I was so happy to see a lot of these bikes in excellent condition.

IMG_20240602_121002.jpg

IMG_20240602_121021.jpg

IMG_20240602_121754.jpg

IMG_20240602_124343.jpg

Edited by Ede-DE
space between pics
  • Like 5