Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Nicecnc Rear Rack

Fzrcraig

If you are opposed to buying bike parts from China (as I am), you may want to stop reading. I originally installed a Touratech rear rack on my Tenere. In bright stainless, it matched the Touratech crash guards that I had installed previously. Nothing against Touratech’s quality - I have always found this to be very high, but the rack’s design is very large as I believe that it is intended to hold a top case. The real problem though is trying to mount the Mosko Moto Reckless 40 over the rack’s very wide mounting arms. 
Reading another thread about a rear mounting point for bags, I felt that change was necessary, so I researched all the different racks that I could find looking for light weight, a mounting point for the rear Mosko straps, slim profile to work with Reckless bags and a top surface that could carry the odd six pack. A couple fit the bill and one of those was the Nicecnc. With a Memorial Day discount, it was almost 1/2 the price of the next closest rack, so I grudgingly ordered it. It arrived about 10 days later (free shipping) and was packaged very well. It’s pretty simple - two steel mounting arms, the aluminum top rack, and mounting hardware. No instructions included, but really not necessary. The fit was perfect, the machining and forming of the top rack is particularly impressive. It appears that most fasteners are steel, so stainless all around would be an improvement, but the type of countersunk fasteners used is good.

This purchase worked out (not all do) - the product is very good, the website is easy to use, and the price is very attractive. Is it a knock-off? I expect so, but I would be hard-pressed to believe that an original, whose ever it may be, is better than this.
I receive nothing for the review. I paid for the rack myself and I generally avoid product like this when I can, but credit where due.

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

• Like 2

Said this a few times on here, never had anything from "nice cnc" that wasn't decent 

I will second that, have got few bits over the times from them and always well made. Not always very cheap either. also some of their items are not clones and are their own twist on a few different ideas

Not all knock offs and clones at all. Quality items like this too

I have several parts from them and all have been good. My expensive Nemo tent I just bought ..... Made in China. My $300 sea to summit down sleeping bag..... Made in China. You can't not buy stuff from China these days. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Have you or anyone else tried to use the Motoes side plates with the Nicecnc rear rack and grab handles?