Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Check engine after ECU flash

Ethos

2wdw flash.

Was told the check engine light should go away on its own but may need to be manually cleared.

Didn't go away after many rides so I ordered a dongle and manually cleared it.  It came back shortly after running.

I think it's related to the O2 sensor being removed.  The ECU flash requires it to be removed.

Do I need to jumper the plug to avoid check engine?  I thought the ECU flash would take care of it.

Can I just jumper it with a resistor?

Posted (edited)

I just had my 2021 T7 flashed at 2wdw (May 09/24) & after initially clearing the fault codes (3 0r 4...usually related to being powered up outside of the bike ) & check engine light, it has not come on again. I did not remove the O2 sensor, just unplugged it under the tank. There may be differences between 2024 & earlier models as Yamaha went to a 6 pin vs 4 pin OBD2 plug & the ecu may be different, but their flash is suppose to turn off the fault code generated by disconnection of the O2 sensor. Have you confirmed what fault code is being triggered in case it is not related to the O2 sensor or flash?  Have you talked to Nate of Patrick at 2wdw about your issue?  Have you confirmed that none of the ECU pins in the connector are damaged & that the locking pin connector is properly connected?  I would suggest not putting a jumper on the OBD2 plug.

Edited by prowlnS10
  • Like 2

I did contact 2wdw.  They just said to clear it.  Not sure how to read the codes, I just cleared them all.

The O2 sensor is left off with no connectors or plug.

I'll have to learn how to read the codes.