Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tail tidy with HP Corse High slip-on

niplo

Today I finally got in the post the tail tidy I ordered, which I was eagerly waiting on so I could install my new HP Corse slip-on. Alas, turns out, it does not fit. So annoyed right now. Had to put the old exhaust back on and do some more research.

If anyone has installed a tail tidy to go with the HP Corse high exhaust, please share which one you have. I would hope to have a somewhat robust one for offroad use as well.

Thank you for any and all help!

image.jpeg.dc861ea50602f8cf9d2d76356fbbe376.jpeg

20240531_204325.jpg

I had the same problem. So l just designet a simple 3D printed tidy tail. 

I can give you the files, if you have access to a printer. 

20240520_210341.jpg

Posted (edited)

I've got the same exhaust and a tail tidy. Mine is a Tusk fender eliminator with turn signals from RMATV. No clearance issues.  The exhaust came with some thicker spacers that I put between the mounting bracket and bike to clear the signals just a little more.

Shop for Body, like Tusk Fender Eliminator Kit at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. We have the best prices on dirt bike, atv and motorcycle parts, apparel and accessories and offer excellent...

Edited by Cirus

I bought a tail tidy from HP-corse themselves. It is solid and works good.PXL_20230107_2055159422.jpg.f1cc4ab374215cac8c3d5c67167e5e2a.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What rear plate is that?

30 minutes ago, Steve R said:

What rear plate is that?

Its from the Netherlands. European type, with in blue on the left, the countrycode, NL.

@niplo

You can take the whole oem tail off, leave out the metal bracket, reshape the angle of the long plastic part with a heat gun and slide it under the taillight. Keeps the indicators above the hpcorse.

20240609_105445.jpg.96b50faeb24dccbc0623110c0fecb143.jpg

29 minutes ago, BikeBrother said:

Its from the Netherlands. European type, with in blue on the left, the countrycode, NL.

Sorry I meant the luggage plate

• Confused 1

On 5/31/2024 at 11:07 PM, Peter M DK said:

I had the same problem. So l just designet a simple 3D printed tidy tail. 

I can give you the files, if you have access to a printer. 

20240520_210341.jpg

I am interested in that. Can you share the print files?

OP here. I ended up ordering the Off-the-road tail tidy from Germany. Ideally I would have liked to keep the blinkers above the exhaust, but it's alright for now. Very sturdy and angle is adjustable for maximum mud slinging protection!

20240705_110814.jpg

• Like 1