Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Reversing the Front Wheel

TenereTragic700

Was out for a ride yesterday with a buddy and I mentioned that I needed to flip the front tire to even out the wear and get the last 500-1000 miles out of it.

He looked at the front wheel and stated just turn the whole front wheel around, the spacers are the same size, the discs and tire aren't directional and you don't use the ABS anyway. 

I joked that I would post this to the forum and await the avalanche of responses 🙂

Enjoy the riding weekend.

Posted (edited)

With reversible tires like the Motoz Dual Venture, this would be a great feature! Too bad you can't just move the ABS plate to the other side of the wheel.  That would be a lot easier than dismounting and re-mounting the tire. 

Edited by Hollybrook

• 2 months later...

You can flip the wheel....my dealer improperly mounted the wheel when I took ownership of it. However, your speedo will not read properly.....there is no speddo pickup on the opposite side rotor. 

Not only will the speedometer not read correctly, but your ABS will not work and you will most likely get a check engine light as well.