Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

oqwerts

Greetings.
I own a blue T7 .
Thanks for the opportunity to read, write and post on this site. I hope to gain and share knowledge regarding the T7.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome from Arizona. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Welcome  California rider here, White 2021 with now 23K on the clock. Post often and ride safe!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi! New owner of a 2024 blue T7. I already posted something before I bought it to get info before I trade my 2021 890R for a new T7:  Switch from 890R to T700... As some of you know it, the 790/890 KTM engine have big camshaft problems. Instead of putting 3 or 4k to repair the 890, I traded it for a T7.

This is my 7th adventure bike. Before the T7  I had a 2006 R1200GS, a 2010 KTM 990R, a 2015 F800GS, a 2016 Africa Twin, a 2019 KTM 790S and a KTM 890R. 

I ride bike since I was 12... and now I'm 65! I raced motocross, enduro, I did track time with sport bike and I still compete in Trial. I'm also an ADV instructor here in Quebec, Canada. I'm retired from my IT job and now I restore vintage bikes and do some custom painting (airbrush) and regular paint jobs. I do all mechanic on my bikes. Right now I have the T700, a 1986 Honda TRL trial, a 2012 OSSA TR280 trial, a 1974 CZ250 and a 1974 CR125 Elsinore. I work on a 1981 Honda GL500 as a Street Tracker resto/mod. 

It look like there's a lot of good info on this forum!

image.jpeg.445f0b66723456ac348ca57c45a5368d.jpeg

Edited by Stou
  • Like 4

Thepointchris, I plan to modify the T7 to get it near the 890R performance and ride it! 😉

The T7 is a really nice and reliable bike but the 890R is hard to beat in the fun to ride side. It’s a shame that KTM can’t make it reliable and doesn’t give good support to their customers. 

• Like 1

@Stou keep us posted with the progress - my riding isn't tecnical enough to warrant some of the higher performance mods, but it sure is fun to see others develop their T7s. and agreed, a shame that such a capable bike as the 890, or KTM for that matter, carry the Albatros of being unreliable.

• Like 1