Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cleaning jacket and pants

leclerq

I own a Revit offroad 2 H2Ojacket and pants and after 1500kms of German B roads it’s full of flies and other nature. How would you go about cleaning it?

• Like 1

• Moderators

A damp terrycloth towel for the loose stuff, but for stains I use a fabric stain cleaner like Shout. For grime that won't come off, I've used the Aerostitch recommended "Tech wash " for years with good results. 

https://www.nikwax.com/en-us/products/cleaning/tech-wash/

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

+1 for the nikwax tech wash and tx wash in. Finally stopped my nuts getting wet in my alpine stars. 

• Like 2

For Revit-gear remeber to watch the temp. They have to be done on a low wash. dont ask me how i know.

Nikwax is great

Also basic soap flaxes work to wash them

Thanks all for the suggestions! I ended up 'just' washing it in the machine, without tumbling, inside out, on low (30C) setting. It turned out great! For heavier contamination I'll use the Nikwash, which is recommended by everyone I believe 😉

• Like 1

I spot clean mine with a cloth.  At the end of the year I hand wash it in a tub of medium warm water.  Never had to use the machine yet, never dammaged anything that way yet either.

I had an A* jacket I machine washed in cold water once and it removed all the reflective material. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, leclerq said:

Thanks all for the suggestions! I ended up 'just' washing it in the machine, without tumbling, inside out, on low (30C) setting. It turned out great! For heavier contamination I'll use the Nikwash, which is recommended by everyone I believe 😉

Without tumbling is exactly how I wash my stuff, cos you can leave protectors in place. I hate removing them, since reinstalling and adjusting them properly takes a lot of time.

1 hour ago, leclerq said:

Washing aside, don’t forget to reproof it. Or it’s shrivelled walnuts next time it rains. 😉

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2024 at 5:41 PM, Dougie said:

Washing aside, don’t forget to reproof it. Or it’s shrivelled walnuts next time it rains. 😉

You mean waterproofing? it has zip-in (or wear-over) rain clothing, I don't think it was waterproof to begin with!

On 5/21/2024 at 6:36 PM, leclerq said:

You mean waterproofing? it has zip-in (or wear-over) rain clothing, I don't think it was waterproof to begin with!

Yes, even if it has a liner, I’d proof the shell and it’ll have a fair amount of rain protection without it. Even if just shower proof long enough to pull over and get dressed. Trousers more important in my opinion. 

• Like 2