Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Heated grip fuse issue

Eatfat1961

I took one of the suggestions on heated grips from several forum members. Thanks. I even had the dealer I bought my 700 from install the grips. They wired it into the auxiliary wiring system. It didn't take long to blow the tiny 2A fuse that protects that system. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do next? Have the dealer use a different circuit? Can I just put a larger fuse in that circuit? 5A? 

Posted (edited)

You don’t say what grips 

but I’m sure they should have been fitted to the 3 pin sumitoto plug not the 2 pin one - at least that’s what I did 

Edited by Lewie

Yeah the three pin plugs are on a 10amp fuse I believe. Should have used that circuit. Most grips have their own protection built in so in that case it’s not critical how high the bike’s circuit is fused at but 2amps is too low. Dealer should have known to avoid the 2amp circuit…

Poor show from the dealer - 

Yeah, as @Lewie and @Samm say, it should be in the 3 pin. The 2A socket is just for a phone really.