Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First REAL offroad

nullsson

It was extremely hot today in Sweden (about 24 degrees) so I took the bike out for a spin on a generated route I got through stegra.io.

It didn't dissapoint and it took me into far more advanced terrain then what I've experienced before so today I got a taste of everything, gravel, trails, forest and mud.

I also managed to drop the bike for the first time ever, I guess it had to happen sometime. The damage was very minimal as I only dropped it while standing still after trying to do a 90 degree turn on the gravel road.

Something weird was when I lifted the bike up and started it the oil pressure lamp didn't shut off immediately it was still on for a couple of seconds, is that normal when the bike has laid down?

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I am sure it is normal, 4 stroke don't like to lay flat be on their side, the old bike wouldn't start right away after being drop or were very hard to start, you had to give it a minute for the oil to settle back down my guess is you started before the oil settle so it though it was low in oil or there is simply a lag time in the sensors. 

Edited by maddog123