Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ABS dongle

random1781

On 1/21/2024 at 6:35 AM, Tenerider said:

Would like to see it on the old model as well. Sadly, disabling rear ABS seems not to be possible ever on these bikes.

BTW, they make a fuel cap hinge!

https://www.lskelectronics.com/store/CNC-Machined-Fuel-Cap-Holder-for-Yamaha-Tenere-700-p619105725

After some weeks, I finally found out that I'm too stupid to read correctly.

Yes, this thing can disable rear ABS only AND keep front ABS working, according to LSK. @random1781 already mentioned it in his first post.

Price is 160€ including VAT in Germany. I think that's fair!

• Like 1

I am on the waiting list for the '20 ( original ) version.

I don't care what the postage will be.

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

They are saying for '21 it should be end of april.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got mine over the weekend.  Plug and play and no more fiddling with that scroll wheel.

• Like 1

They are taking pre-orders for the earlier T7.

Works out at about $370 Aussie dollars for quick postage.

edit 82 Euro to ship to Oz.

Bit of a rort.

Edited by Rider 101
  • Sad 2

I just cannot get comfortable with someone I don't personally know messing around with my ABS computer.  If it was Yamaha or Bosch making the module, that would be a different story. 

It would be nice to have front wheel only ABS, but my preference is to fully disable the ABS by interrupting the rear wheel sensor signal. It's not as elegant of a solution, but I am confident it will not have any strange behaviors. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

I just cannot get comfortable with someone I don't personally know messing around with my ABS computer.  If it was Yamaha or Bosch making the module, that would be a different story. 

It would be nice to have front wheel only ABS, but my preference is to fully disable the ABS by interrupting the rear wheel sensor signal. It's not as elegant of a solution, but I am confident it will not have any strange behaviors. 

In my fantasy world, manufacturers add a chapter to their shop manuals documenting their CAN bus implementation.

• Like 2

advgoats.com

On 3/18/2024 at 5:22 PM, Rider 101 said:

They are taking pre-orders for the earlier T7.

Works out at about $370 Aussie dollars for quick postage.

edit 82 Euro to ship to Oz.

Bit of a rort.

I'd be happy to split postage with you.  I'm in Vic.

And looks like they fixed the postage to Aus.

Capture.JPG

Edited by dnrobertson

Read the disclaimer on the 13 euro postage; could take up to 2 months delivery ( and would probably get lost )

19 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Read the disclaimer on the 13 euro postage; could take up to 2 months delivery ( and would probably get lost )

FWIW, in my case from the time I got a "shipped" email from them, I had it in my hand within a week (this is to the US).

We are at the arse end of the supply chain.

I had a very small package sent from Phoenix AZ ( a few ounces - part cartridge carrier for my turntable )

4 weeks later I finally got it.

It came in a small padded envelope and cost $50US postage

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

and cost $50US postage

Shite!😲

• 2 weeks later...

The LSK website does have a couple of links to YouTube videos of how the TFT and LCD  versions work.

Both LCD versions are listed as "Dongle is under development. Expected launch is before end of April 2024".

Tenere 700 (Color TFT dashboard models)
Compatibility
Tenere 700 2023 (EU models).
Tenere 700 2024+ (EU and US models).
Tenere 700 World Raid 2022+ (EU and US models).
... and all others T7 with color TFT screen.

Tenere 700 (EURO5, Monochromatic LCD dashboard, Red 6-pin diagnostic plug models)
Tenere 700 2021-2022 (EU and US models).
Tenere 700 2023 (US models).

Tenere 700 (EURO4, Monochromatic LCD dashboard, White 4-pin diagnostic plug models)
Tenere 700 2019-2020 (EU and US models).

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 2:16 PM, Hollybrook said:

On my monochrome display bike, I am looking into adding a switch that will put the bike into off-road mode, even on the fly.  My thought is that I often shut off the bike while riding off pavement, forget to turn the ABS off again when restarting, and later want the ABS disabled when I struggle with downhills followed by a turn.

I will post a new thread on this when I actually have it completed, but the basics are using a DPDT switch to disable the ABS and bypass the clutch and side stand switches.  Turning off the ignition will not change any of these settings.  To return to street mode will require turning off the off-road switch and then turning the ignition off and on again, at which point all off road settings are disabled.

I now have this implemented and will post a thread after a one week trip that starts this weekend.  As a spoiler, here is the switch module: 

20240423_132014.jpg.705b4df6b57cff175e82f4ea7459d76c.jpg

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of months ago I pre-ordered my LSK ABS dongle for my monochrome T7. It arrived here in Australia Friday, installed over the weekend (10 minute job). Works as advertised quick push on the standard ABS button turns off rear long push turns both off (and it stays off) - very happy. I didn't use the suggested mounting place as I found it fits perfectly under the plastics cross member above the battery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PaulCave can you turn off ABS for both wheels while riding, or do you have to stop? Also, once you turn off both wheel ABS, do you have to turn off the switch, and then turn off the ignition to re-enable ABS?

43 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

@PaulCave can you turn off ABS for both wheels while riding, or do you have to stop? Also, once you turn off both wheel ABS, do you have to turn off the switch, and then turn off the ignition to re-enable ABS?

Have a look here. I am not affiliated with LSK however it does what they say. 

My ABS mod worked as planned, so I guess I'd better put together that thread I promised...

• Like 2

Yep, mine arrived today.  I'll put it on this weekend. 

2006 R1,  2018 XR650L, 2022 T7, 2023 Desert X, 2024 WR450F, 2025 V2 final edition

On 5/9/2024 at 8:53 PM, Hollybrook said:

My ABS mod worked as planned, so I guess I'd better put together that thread I promised...

Yeah I want to see this!

advgoats.com

Posted (edited)

Got mine installed this weekend, not much to it at all, just plug and play.

1.   Mount device on battery box tab, there is slot on device for mounting on factory battery box tab.

2.  Plug into OBD port.

3.  Plug in the 'in-line' plugs into the ABS connector just above rear brake. 

As far as the operation, it all seems great.  You can easily tell which mode the bike is in, you can change modes anytime the key is on, it has a memory so it stays in the mode you put it in till you change it. 

In mode 1 normal street mode, no ABS lights are on. 

In mode 2 (rear ABS off) you momentarily press the button, you get feedback of the button press from a flash of the ABS light and then the blink every four seconds lets you know you are in mode 2, press again and you have a feedback of a double blink and this puts you back in normal mode.   

In mode 3 (no ABS), press button for three seconds, and the factory "off-road" indicator comes on.  The three second press acts just like the factory.   Edit: except you can do it at any time. 

Edited by Toymaster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2006 R1,  2018 XR650L, 2022 T7, 2023 Desert X, 2024 WR450F, 2025 V2 final edition

2 hours ago, Toymaster said:

Got mine installed this weekend, not much to it at all, just plug and play.

1.   Mount device on battery box tab, there is slot on device for mounting on factory battery box tab.

2.  Plug into OBD port.

3.  Plug in the 'in-line' plugs into the ABS connector just above rear brake. 

As far as the operation, it all seems great.  You can easily tell which mode the bike is in, you can change modes anytime the key is on, it has a memory so it stays in the mode you put it in till you change it. 

In mode 1 normal street mode, no ABS lights are on. 

In mode 2 (rear ABS off) you momentarily press the button, you get feedback of the button press from a flash of the ABS light and then the blink every four seconds lets you know you are in mode 2, press again and you have a feedback of a double blink and this puts you back in normal mode.   

In mode 3 (no ABS), press button for three seconds, and the factory "off-road" indicator comes on.  The three second press acts just like the factory except you can do it at any time. 

Are you saying full ABS off can be switched with the bike moving?

That’s not what they say in the advert but would be great if that’s the case.

IMG_6036.jpeg

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Alan M said:

Are you saying full ABS off can be switched with the bike moving?

That’s not what they say in the advert but would be great if that’s the case.

I was playing with it this morning on the commute into work.  I'll double check on the way home, chances are I'm wrong and the instruction are correct. 

Edit:  Yep you can't go into mode 3 unless you are stopped.  That said I have no desire for mode three as locking the front wheel is not good at any time.  The ability to slide the rear is what you need, so the ability to tap the button at any speed is worth the price of the dongle. 

Edited by Toymaster
  • Like 1

I wonder why the non-TFT version is so much more expensive.

advgoats.com