Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Relocating rear indicators

Snow

G’day all. First time poster here from NZ. Have a ‘21 T7 that I’ve fitted a high mount Mivv exhaust to which has finally melted the right rear indicator as I was expecting. I’ve got a full set of LED ones to fit but will obviously need to remount them somewhere. I’ve seen them mounted to the rear plastic moulding under the rear fairing which looks tidy. Any pros/cons around that or tips from people that have done that? Otherwise I’ll make a couple of stand off brackets to attach to my rear luggage carrier mounting bolts but there’ll be a couple of inches of wiring exposed. 
Cheers. 

5E51FA3A-432F-453F-A2F4-177D9DFC5FF2.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

Most of us running high exhausts use a tail tidy, lots of options out there (just google "Tenere 700 tail tidy).

But I agree, mounting them to the plastics directly looks great.

• Like 1

Cheers. Yep I got a DB Moto tail tidy at the same time but the indicator and plate both clash with the exhaust so had to put the stock plate mount back on. 

• Like 1

You can rebuild the oem part with the indicators. There is 1 cm between indicator and exhaust outlet, but the hpcorse is not getting hot. No meltings.

IMG_20211123_103303622.jpg

• Like 1

BikeBrother

I think that you would do a great service to the community, if you did a step by step guide on how to do that mod with the stock tail parts.

I saw your pics last year and went to town with a jigsaw on mine and couldn’t get it right, so ended up getting a tail tidy from offtheroad.de instead and even that didn’t work properly with our license plate size, so my indicator lights are down mid plate were they are vulnerable.

• Like 1

@Keld

I did not really documented it, but this is what i remember:
i wanted to keep the part that hold the oem indicators. The plastic part which is connected to the metal part i rebended with a heat gun (picture , part with blue arrow), so that it points more vertical ( meaning decreased the angle). The rebended part is bolted back under the rear frame. To this i bolted the part with the indicators. On top of this part with indicators, i cut a part out (you can see the cut out in picture 167), so it fits under the brakelight and fit over the rebended plastic part, and i bold it together.

P1000158a.jpg

P1000167.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Snow said:

G’day all. First time poster here from NZ. Have a ‘21 T7 that I’ve fitted a high mount Mivv exhaust to which has finally melted the right rear indicator as I was expecting. I’ve got a full set of LED ones to fit but will obviously need to remount them somewhere. I’ve seen them mounted to the rear plastic moulding under the rear fairing which looks tidy. Any pros/cons around that or tips from people that have done that? Otherwise I’ll make a couple of stand off brackets to attach to my rear luggage carrier mounting bolts but there’ll be a couple of inches of wiring exposed. 
Cheers. 

5E51FA3A-432F-453F-A2F4-177D9DFC5FF2.jpeg

I installed Cyclops 3.0 LED turn signal kit along with the Tusk fender eliminator.

The stock rear fender assembly on dual-sport motorcycles can be cumbersome, with an awkwardly low and bulky design. The Tusk Fender Eliminator Kit reduces the bulk by removing the low-hanging assembly and...

Mivv high mount with Camel AVD tail tidy and Cyclops  turn signals.  Plenty of clearance to prevent the turn signal from melting.  

0C2700FC-8CE3-422A-A5FE-F8C60052795E.jpeg

ED860E26-0442-4D1B-B60B-86E1630E39EA.jpeg

BD692C75-1A04-4892-B104-86E84DF1F071.jpeg

• Like 2

Brilliant cheers. What’s the width of your number plate?

Ours are 260mm wide so hopefully will clear. 

Edited by Snow

I used the B & B tail tidy ( from Oz of course ) along with the Camel mid pipe and a GPR slip on.

1st ride and the RH indicator melted at the bottom.

I used the deflector supplied by Camel but it wasn't quite long enough.

I have changed to STEDI LED indicators and fabricated a larger deflector.

I can post a couple of pics tonight.

I haven't been for a ride to test but in the workshop there is no gas turbulence around the indicator should be ok.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

50 minutes ago, Snow said:

Brilliant cheers. What’s the width of your number plate?

Ours are 260mm wide so hopefully will clear. 

The license plate is 7 inch's / 178mm wide.

• Like 1

My huzar melted my turn signal. I bought some micro signals and haven had an issue since.