Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What’s the Fuel price near you

Irishman

Germany, Euro95 E5
I live in the Netherlands but i have to cross Germany on my commute and this is less than a 1km detour and exactly 8km from my garage in de back of my house.

IMG_20220310_164204.thumb.jpg.9caf14c7755d4d107aabd4061c44768c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2.159 euro for a liter (e95) in my hometown in the Netherlands, across the border in Belgium (about 2 km from where I live): 1.95

That means: $8.11 for a gallon in Belgium; $8.97 for a gallon in The Netherlands

On 3/10/2022 at 9:54 AM, DuncMan said:

Try this! Price in GBP on the Isle of Wight!1D9A6144-B481-4994-A5D9-6FC689567B18.thumb.jpeg.4a8b37f1593daf3f67f43abb73137984.jpeg

In contrast to today’s price in East Cowes, Whitwell Garage – a rural, non-supermarket station – is 41p a litre cheaper on diesel. Tesco Extra in Ryde is selling diesel at 159.9 this morning, meaning on a 50-litre top up there is a staggering £20.50 difference between East Cowes and Ryde.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:54 AM, DuncMan said:

Try this! Price in GBP on the Isle of Wight!1D9A6144-B481-4994-A5D9-6FC689567B18.thumb.jpeg.4a8b37f1593daf3f67f43abb73137984.jpeg

Fuel duty is currently levied at a flat rate of 57.95p per litre for both petrol and diesel, while VAT at 20% is then charged on both the product price and the duty. 

• Like 1

Had to fill up the CT today and it dropped by €0,07.

• Like 1

They need to ramp up the production of synthetic fuel quicker. Failing that there’s alcohol. (I’ve heard Russian vodka is going cheap). 

for the stateside boys-what do the drag boys need to alter to run the alcohol burners? Is it just adjustments in fuelling or completely different equipment? I’m guessing it would be easier with these modern injection systems and computers? I know it produces less power but needs must….

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dougie said:

They need to ramp up the production of synthetic fuel quicker. Failing that there’s alcohol. (I’ve heard Russian vodka is going cheap). 

for the stateside boys-what do the drag boys need to alter to run the alcohol burners? Is it just adjustments in fuelling or completely different equipment? I’m guessing it would be easier with these modern injection systems and computers? I know it produces less power but needs must….

A well-known engine tuner (Pirate Racing) in Germany did it several years ago. Converted some dirt bike to E85 / Multifuel or something like that. I think the power was even higher.

Since E85 is no longer being subventioned in Germany, it's also no longer available. This is a shame, really. I guess the BEV lobby has made their job too well.

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

A well-known engine tuner (Pirate Racing) in Germany did it several years ago. Converted some dirt bike to E85 / Multifuel or something like that. I think the power was even higher.

Since E85 is no longer being subventioned in Germany, it's also no longer available. This is a shame, really. I guess the BEV lobby has made their job too well.

There's more to it than just tuning.
The complete fuel system has to be upgraded to stainless steel, rubbers and plastics will be eaten away. That's already a problem with E10 and all the company's saying their vehicles can handle it just fine is only because they just sell less when their being honest and others are not.
Many parts (especially fuel flow meters) has failed already and i'm sure more will follow.

• Like 1

It won’t take too long now. The oil guys don’t want electric to dominate as they’ll lose everything, so watch this space. This latest event will only speed things up. I give it 5 years max before synthetic is normal at the pumps. And then there’s hydrogen….

id have a hydrogen car/bike, and an electric one (not on its own),  but still need the synth petrol for my old machines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Ride4life said:

There's more to it than just tuning.
The complete fuel system has to be upgraded to stainless steel, rubbers and plastics will be eaten away. That's already a problem with E10 and all the company's saying their vehicles can handle it just fine is only because they just sell less when their being honest and others are not.
Many parts (especially fuel flow meters) has failed already and i'm sure more will follow.

Guess that would be hard work then for diy.
At least synthetic petrol will be going straight into the existing engines. No mods needed. 

• Like 1

Yesterday the Dutch government announced to decrease the tax on petrol with €0.17 as per april 1st. Well, could be a joke... Let's wait.

• Like 1

Very nice of them. 
I just feel for the guys living under bridges. Soon champagne will be cheaper than meths. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogan said:

I always find these threads pretty useless given the international nature of forums.

It might help to also give the price of milk or a loaf of bread.

For example, where I am 91 RON unleaded w/o ethanol is about $2.10 a litre, and milk is $1 a litre (when bought in 2L containers, the most common size)

However there is a chance the price of milk (and everything else) will go up soon once the rising diesel costs are passed on.

All this vital information on gas prices is for "entertainment purposes only".  It's interesting to see and hear how the humans battle for each others money and power.  

As the price of gas goes up, so does the incidents of gasoline theft.  A product of greed I guess. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:46 PM, BikeBrother said:

Yesterday the Dutch government announced to decrease the tax on petrol with €0.17 as per april 1st. Well, could be a joke... Let's wait.

That just happened here.  25c of per litre.  That's taken it back down to just under $3 per litre.

• Like 1

Too much.

But that's what we're used in Finland. Everything is expensive.

Thinking of quitting drinking so that I have money to buy gas.

But bullies (school or other) are not be tolerated. 

If this is the price, I can live with it.

• Like 2

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Looking at the price for one barrel, NOTHING justifies these gas prices. Not in Europe and nowhere else.

It's simply good old greed. At least that's what I've read on more than one serious newspaper over here.

• Like 3

Filled up the Tenere with 91 octane 10% eth here in KS yesterday at 4.07/gallon.