Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Due to OMG levels of response, I am keeping the forum open . Wow, thanks for the many emails and chats!

Cruizin

• Moderators

5 hours ago, iKeoxD said:

make a gold member option and a shoutbox also get venders to pay to have a space on this site 

Approved vendors are paying a fee to advertise their products and some sort of voluntary member subscription is in the works.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Another user (more like lurker😁) here who was worried that all the great information here would be gone and I'd be stuck trying to navigate 1,000 pages in a single thread on advrider.... Let me know how and when I can contribute to keep this place up and running. 

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping the lights on. As everyone has said it’s a fantastic resource of information, pictures & videos from around the world. It would be a terrible shame to lose it

• Like 1

dude you are a badass for creating this site!!! and honestly i wouldn't mind donating some $$ if this would help in existence of this site

• Like 1

I'm a web developer and run a small agency/freelance, so although I'm super busy, I wouldn't mind donating a little bit of my time to help keep things ticking over if needed.

If I had the disposable income I'd absolutely be an interested buyer, however I suspect you would have received larger offers elsewhere!

Either way please don't get rid of this site! There is a wealth of knowledge hidden among these posts that have been super helpful to thousands of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just found out!  Wow it's back!  I take back at least half the rotten things I said about you this morning @Cruizin😅 Just kidding.  

Thanks for coming back for the rescue.  Mighty nice of you.  I'm in for a donation for sure so let it rock.

• Like 2

Many thanks for keeping this going Cruizin - this forum is an invaluable resource for anyone with or considering a T7.  I've just ordered mine, and was using the collective knowledge on here to shorten my learning process.

Let us know how we can help - its only fair that as we benefit, we also contribute.

• Like 3

Thank you for keeping this T7 en'cyclo'pedia online. Although it's just a  forum and can be shut down, and the T7 is just a machine which can die.  It felt like loosing a whole community built around more than just a machine, one built on the power of people. 

• Like 2

Maybe we can organize a fund drive like NPR does once a year on the radio?? I’d gladly contribute to keep this place alive, was so surprised just now to check out of desperation and find it back online! 

Edited by Larson627
  • Like 2

Really appreciate everything you do man. Was heart struck to see it go but so elated you decided to keep it. I’d gladly donate here or some patreon just to keep this afloat!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, loneranger700 said:

Really appreciate everything you do man. Was heart struck to see it go but so elated you decided to keep it. I’d gladly donate here or some patreon just to keep this afloat!

Patreon is a good idea! 

• Like 1

After the site wasn't accessible anymore, I had that strange feeling of suddenly having too much time in my life. I'm therefore very grateful that the forum is online again. 

I completely understand the reason why you took the decision @Cruizin and I perfectly remember what you wrote about your idea to sell the forum as it was too time consuming. 

Which is why I thought it would be a good idea to introduce a donation programme or whatever to help you compensate or to help you being able to get staff. 

Tell us how we can help, I'm sure this comunity will stand together to help you in keeping things going in a way that's personnally acceptable for you. 

I join all the members posting before me in thanking you for your committment and your hard work. But let's not forget about the other contributors either, who filled the forum with their knowledge. It helped me a lot and I always tried to give back what I could (which was always less than what I got!). 

Thanks to everyone, many thanks to Rob - and tell us what we can do.

• Like 4

Thank you Cruizin. Job well done. 
"There is no reverse gear in life!"

But LOTS of FORWARD gears. 

I'm only new here but I have found the site invaluable.  I go to the ADVrider one as well but prefer this as it's more personable.  Thanks for bring it back online.