Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Due to OMG levels of response, I am keeping the forum open . Wow, thanks for the many emails and chats!

Cruizin

I tried to not respond but i just can't.
Everybody is full of it being back up but i just can's get past it you just shut it down without notice.
I saw the post you wanted to sell it but just give that topic a kick and explain you didn't found a buyer and a date the place would shut down.
I come back for the members, you invested and build the platform but the members build the forum. They are the reason vendors and sponsors are willing to invest.
There are members who already invested time and money to get an alternative going to fill the void.
I'm glad it's back because of all the content but most definitely not with the last couple of days.
For many years i am a volunteer for clubs and various organisations who organise ride outs with trucks and sidecars to give the disabled a nice day out and due to new plans i gave them all a year in advance a heads up i'm going to stop with the organisation side of it all.
When you start something and it gets successful you don't count anymore, if it gets too much and you want to stop it's fine but not like you did

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

I'm glad that you brought it back up, and as well as glad that you found some more help for behind the scenes work to be done, I didn't realise how many T7 links point back at this site until it went down

• Like 2

Very glad to see the site back up.

Really appreciate all the community and connectivity here.

Hope it can stay up and prosper, long time.

:

• Like 2

So glad it… WE are back on-line!  It’s easy to take this stuff for granted. I hope things continue to get worked out for this to stay on-line. If not, please keep us updated. 

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor

This is great news. Thanks for bringing it back to life!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Fair play to pull the plug if it’s not viable. Would miss the wealth of available info. Several of the supporting vendors have received my business as a result of this. FB is one place I don’t waste much attention on so this resource has been quite valuable. Thanks for finding a way to keep it rolling for the time being.

• Like 1

Thrilled the forum and you are back. The gutshot feeling has left me. The contributing member program sounds great, but I’m sorry that causes you more work to make that. But I’ll definitely join to program, if nothing else to show you some gratitude for the fantastic forum.

• Like 2

Wow, this thread is 🔥

Regarding subscription, count me in. I deeply agree with others that FB, reddit etc. are not an alternative for a forum-based knowledgebase. It's simply not possible to browse contents effectively on those other platforms.

Although I went mad as well about the forum being closed, I think I can understand your reasons. It's been two hard years for most of us (and it looks like there's more to come). Sometimes, one just needs to pull the plug.

Glad you decided to keep it alive man 🙂👍

Jan

• Like 1

Great news, happy to see it again.

About your volontary donation , if you fall short sometimes don't hesitate to remind us of that (wikipedia like for example)

• Like 1

Thanks for making this happen, I've made friends due to this forum and the community here is on of the best I've experienced. Amazing job 👍

• Like 2

Certainly glad you’ve decided to return this great wealth of information back to the world and more then happy to contribute to the cause. 

• Like 2

Good to see you back. I'll contribute when you get something sorted.

If it is any consolation, Facebook is definitely on the way out. The groups don't work well, info gets lost within days, there is a new algorithm that restricts the number of posts it will display, and my grandma is on Facebook too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Good to see you back. I'll contribute when you get something sorted.

If it is any consolation, Facebook is definitely on the way out. The groups don't work well, info gets lost within days, there is a new algorithm that restricts the number of posts it will display, and my grandma is on Facebook too. 

Totally agree 👍

I'm a new member, but feel the same as MANY here. I'm definitely willing to pay, and this site is definitely a wealth of knowledge. Willing to help in any way possible to a forum that has helped me both make a decision to buy a T7, as well as decide what parts to put on it. 

Jason

Edited by Kingsize
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

It’s death is too slow & not painful enough, but yes, at least happening.  One of those things people will reflect on in bewilderment years from & wonder how it was ever allowed to happen.

• Like 4

I’m really glad the forum is back.   I do not or will never have facebitch.  I am not a fan of social media.   FB  controls peoples lives and I will not be part of it.  However, I like forums. I’m apart of forums that I have motorcycles.  The tenere700.net forum is GREAT.   It’s been an outstanding resource for knowledge from around the world.  No matter what your looking for, it’s either already on the forum or someone will help you with your question.  I’ll gladly financially contribute to this forum.  Are you thinking of a subscription based forum or just donations?   Either is fine with me 😀

Long live  Tenere700.net  !!!

• Like 3

Genuinely thought, like @Hibobb, that we’d been hacked. Glad it’s sorted. I kept trying searches to see if it was back up. Like a dog waiting at the front door. It’s a very strong forum, lots of good people on here. Let’s keep it going, it’s a massive mine of information and experience, and connections are being made all the time. there are over 5000 of us so it should easily be feasible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glad to see the site back up again.

I, like many others, come here from time to time to see what's going on, to get help related to a T7 issue or problem I'm having, and to help others with their T7-related issues or questions.  It would be a shame to have it all go away.

Seems like there's enough folks willing to make a contribution to keep the lights on.  Let us know when you get that sorted.

• Like 3

make a gold member option and a shoutbox also get venders to pay to have a space on this site