Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Fender.

stu uk

6 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

Bridge.jpg

There’s something entertainingly Beverly Hillbillies about this picture, dude. I can’t make it out, but surely to god the kitchen sink is in there somewhere. How’s she handle with that Santa sack teetering away back there? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

I had the same problem  with the first fender I used.  I replaced it with a full sized dirt bike fender that was in Cory's  list of fenders that fit and the problem went away. Having been on rides that low fenders clogged up sith mud and caused all kinds of delays and broken parts for people a high fender was a must have for me.

IMGP2486.JPG

IMGP2491.JPG

+1.  My old DR650 came with the same SuperMoto style aftermarket high fender as on @McMadMac's T7, and I didn't like how the headlight got coated with a film of mud every time I rode in the stuff. Installed an OEM high fender which was wider and a bit longer, not as stylish but no more dirty headlight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

But I can remove the lower fender if I get in such a bad mud situation and still have a front fender.  All lines now connect to upper fender making removal easy-peasey.  Also, I only lost 1/3 of the low fender with the cut, but have now regained that 1/3 with a rear extender.  On my last 3,000 mile trip, I only had to wipe the headlight and screen once about 2/3 of the way thru the trip. Bugs are a bigger issue which a fender can't fix.  Plus, the dirtbike fender is good for mounting a spare tube.  I've never had a mud issue on any of my dirtbikes either.  Everything tends to get muddy riding in mud.

It's probably not a bad idea to keep the lines at the top and keep the rear of the lower fender. But then why not keep the entire lower fender? After all, where the mud jam usually occurs is at the rear.
Also, don't both fenders collide with extreme compression?

Teneré 700 '20

WR250R '10

3 hours ago, jdub53 said:

+1.  My old DR650 came with the same SuperMoto style aftermarket high fender as on @McMadMac's T7, and I didn't like how the headlight got coated with a film of mud every time I rode in the stuff. Installed an OEM high fender which was wider and a bit longer, not as stylish but no more dirty headlight.

The first fender I used was a SuperMoto fender.

I replaced it with this one and no more dirty headlight:

Acerbis 2006-09 YZ/WR is a great choice if you're looking for a full-size fender. White (2040510002), Black (2040510001), Blue (2040510003

• Like 4

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / TDR 250 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

5 hours ago, Ol'crazy said:

It's probably not a bad idea to keep the lines at the top and keep the rear of the lower fender. But then why not keep the entire lower fender? After all, where the mud jam usually occurs is at the rear.
Also, don't both fenders collide with extreme compression?

No problem with keeping entire lower, I just didn't want it.

My main reason for extender was to keep dirt off the header and engine.

They're 8.5" apart. Bike only has 8" of travel.

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

8 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

There’s something entertainingly Beverly Hillbillies about this picture, dude. I can’t make it out, but surely to god the kitchen sink is in there somewhere. How’s she handle with that Santa sack teetering away back there? 

I agree, but that entire mess only weighed 60lbs.  Most of the weight sits below the seat.  I couldn't even tell it was back there until I tried to get on.  

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

10 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

I agree, but that entire mess only weighed 60lbs.  Most of the weight sits below the seat.  I couldn't even tell it was back there until I tried to get on.  

Ya ok, sure…

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

Ya ok, sure…

Yup, it's not a duffel. What puffs it up is my sleeping bag.

SW bag.jpg

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

• Moderators
On 11/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, BADDANDY said:

Why not the best of both?

T7.jpg

Mengel Pass. Wide open spaces out there,  nice when the wind isn't blowing 50+!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

10 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Mengel Pass. Wide open spaces out there,  nice when the wind isn't blowing 50+!

It blew over 50mph+ the next day.

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Haha 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

• 2 months later...

For those who have installed a high front fender, I'd be interested in purchasing your OEM low front fender.

Too Tall

11 hours ago, Too Tall said:

For those who have installed a high front fender, I'd be interested in purchasing your OEM low front fender.

Too Tall

I’m hanging on to mine for now, that and my 2 piece OEM seat. I do have a OEM center stand NIB!