Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Enduristan or Kriega (or something else)?

Burnsey

On 12/4/2021 at 11:33 PM, Bmp4510 said:

I went with the Dry Spec 20L, on AdventureSpec  side and tail rack. To add to the house of cards, my T7 has a Camel Adventure tail tidy, led signals, and the Huzar exhaust. But it seems to fit fine. I got the DrySpec bags from Revzilla as demo bags for $139. And the old BMW Motorrad tail bag.

41E68522-854A-4BA0-B35F-1DE73B98DE59.jpeg

@Bmp4510 How are you liking the Dry Spec 20’s? I’ve been thinking about these but am a little worried about seams coming apart from some reviewers? They holding up ok for you? 

DT675, so far they've been holding up great. But I’ve only had them for 3-4 months. They do seem to have to be adjusting when changing loads in them, to get them to sit level with the guards. Perhaps all soft luggage is that way, I dunno as it’s my first set.

My son sent a picture of the ones he’s getting. They looked interesting as you can add additional bags as you need, and they looked like they hang more balanced on the bike, in the picture anyway. While there’s certainly nothing wrong with the Dry Spec bags, I’d probably research the Sedici’s if I had to replace them.

A28A61A2-FE94-4F03-8301-C65C171DC551.thumb.jpeg.ada0d510fdd841429c19f52e322dc7b2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 6:36 AM, Burnsey said:

Here you go...

I decided to order Kriega OS12 x 2.

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

I love these.  I'm deeply curious if they'd fit between my Heed bars and rear rack grab handles.  Could I be that lucky?

I'd like to find some at a store where they'd let me just hold one up to the side of the bike to see if it would work.  

Hmmm.  I suppose this would be functionally the same as just removing my rear pegs, as the Heed bars also attach there.  I think I could make that work though.

Edited by Wintersdark

I am also considering the Kriega system - really like it's approach, flexibility and value (compared to other rackless solutions).

It seems I can avoid the AS side racks, which is great.

However, my bike will have a high mount exhaust.

Has anyone run a Huzzar or HP Corse with an OS Base yet?

I am a bit concerned about its straps touching the pipes.

Edited by Tenerider

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

However, my bike will have a high mount exhaust.

Has anyone run a Huzzar or HP Corse with an OS Base yet?

I am a bit concerned about its straps touching the pipes.

Not with the OS Base, but I run Enduristan Blizzards with a Huzar exhaust. The Enduristan hangs in more or less the same position as the OS Base would. They do not touch the exhaust when static. But they will when flopping around a bit on rough terrain or a speed bump. Easily solved with a heat shield.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

4 hours ago, duibhceK said:

Not with the OS Base, but I run Enduristan Blizzards with a Huzar exhaust. The Enduristan hangs in more or less the same position as the OS Base would. They do not touch the exhaust when static. But they will when flopping around a bit on rough terrain or a speed bump. Easily solved with a heat shield.

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I needed to know. Blizzards would be my other choice. Perfect!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 10:11 PM, Bmp4510 said:

DT675, so far they've been holding up great. But I’ve only had them for 3-4 months. They do seem to have to be adjusting when changing loads in them, to get them to sit level with the guards. Perhaps all soft luggage is that way, I dunno as it’s my first set.

My son sent a picture of the ones he’s getting. They looked interesting as you can add additional bags as you need, and they looked like they hang more balanced on the bike, in the picture anyway. While there’s certainly nothing wrong with the Dry Spec bags, I’d probably research the Sedici’s if I had to replace them.

A28A61A2-FE94-4F03-8301-C65C171DC551.thumb.jpeg.ada0d510fdd841429c19f52e322dc7b2.jpeg

I just picked up a set of these Sedici bags. Nice for the price. Here is how it looks on the exhaust side if anyone is curious. 

C52F520E-0851-4F5E-B79B-DCD42F620389.jpeg

Edited by The Rizz
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Rizz said:

I just picked up a set of these Sedici bags. Nice for the price. Here is how it looks on the exhaust side if anyone is curious. 

C52F520E-0851-4F5E-B79B-DCD42F620389.jpeg

Nice. Any pics from behind?

Edited by kainic

On 3/6/2022 at 4:14 PM, kainic said:

Nice. Any pics from behind?

Excuse the messy garage. Been a long winter. 

6C074D02-469A-4271-B19E-85ED784317FD.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the Enduristan R2P kit (races to places), thats Blizzard L, Sandman 4H, Tornado M and Rockstraps.
Going to make a video about these next week for my youtube channel.

I already test mounted the Sandman Tank bag, it works, but maybe just slightly to big for me. However, perfect for longer trips, but most likely in the way for technical riding.
The Tornado M swallows a lot of stuff, the Blizzard L is a happy medium too, not to big etc.

Have a Blizzard small too, and thats just too tiny for anything than a day trip.

Check my channel, will soon make the video 🙂

Marcus

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, Everything Tene said:

I went with the Enduristan R2P kit (races to places), thats Blizzard L, Sandman 4H, Tornado M and Rockstraps.
Going to make a video about these next week for my youtube channel.

I already test mounted the Sandman Tank bag, it works, but maybe just slightly to big for me. However, perfect for longer trips, but most likely in the way for technical riding.

Marcus

I have the Sandstorm 4X Extreme tank bag, which is smaller and doesn't get in the way.

Size obviously compromises storage, but a tank bag doesn't need to hold anything other than a few bits I like to access easily without dismounting. The rest can go behind me.

Sorry if its been mentioned already but can you mount either the soft luggage of Kriega or Enduristan without a rack if you have removed the pillion pegs and brackets?

4 hours ago, jk94 said:

Sorry if its been mentioned already but can you mount either the soft luggage of Kriega or Enduristan without a rack if you have removed the pillion pegs and brackets?

You can mount it without any racks, thats the main point of these. 
but for kriega you need the base to attach the bags to. 
without any pillion footrest mounted it’s tough, I suggest you put a plate between the holes (make a bracket)..

that way you can loop the straps through. 

Edited by Everything Tene

18 minutes ago, Everything Tene said:

You can mount it without any racks, thats the main point of these. 
but for kriega you need the base to attach the abs too. 
without any pillion footrest mounted it’s tough, I suggest you put a plate between the holes (make a bracket)..

that way you can loop the straps through. 

Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, jk94 said:

Kriega have some clever and unobtrusive loop holes to replace the pillion footpegs:

Provides an alternative mounting location for the front straps on an OS-BASE YAMAHA TENERE 700 when the rear footrests are...

3 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Kriega have some clever and unobtrusive loop holes to replace the pillion footpegs:

Provides an alternative mounting location for the front straps on an OS-BASE YAMAHA TENERE 700 when the rear footrests are...

Brilliant thank you!

• Like 1

Just made the Enduristan R2P clip availeble. 

After good ideas from this site I went with Adv Spec side and rear rack.

On this I use Kriega bags.

Day ride I use a Kriega 12 liter bag (on the seat or on one side) for tools, tube and wet weathers.

Non camping I use Kriega 18 liter (x2) - one tools and tire tube changing; one clothing.

Camping I use the two 18 liters + a Kriega 30 liter on the seat.

20220301_070622 (1).jpg

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 2:38 AM, jk94 said:

Kriega supplies new cargo bobbins  with their OS base. Take the two stock ones they replace & thread them into either of the pillion peg mounting holes to create a peg for the lower straps of the OS base. Works a charm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerhead said:

Kriega supplies new cargo bobbins  with their OS base. Take the two stock ones they replace & thread them into either of the pillion peg mounting holes to create a peg for the lower straps of the OS base. Works a charm

Cheers Hammerhead!

Does anyone know if the Kriega OS system will work with the Camel Adventure high exhaust? Anyone tried or perhaps @Camel ADV themselves may be able to answer? 

I'm about to order the Kriega system and when I recover a bit financially hope to order the high exhaust next