Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

1 hour ago, jdub53 said:

@AZJW please delete if inappropriate or not allowed, but if anyone is curious about the KTM 890 Adv R seen behind my T7 in the above post that was my cousin's bike whom I've mentioned a few times on this forum.

My cousin, friend and riding buddy Scott passed away from cancer on Friday night, and several weeks ago he'd asked me to take and sell his bike, trailer and all his motorcycling gear for his estate. I have the bike posted several places for sale including here if anyone is looking for a deal on a well cared for 890 Adv R:

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/2021-ktm-890-adv-r-in-pa-price-reduced-7-800.1735267/

Thanks

My thoughts are with your and your family!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Swapped batteries.....just because!

PXL_20240604_000622058.jpg.713519379465d8ebe63fbc230cbc20ac.jpg

PXL_20240604_000208079.jpg.b82eef3b4103e0d4b4f24e35771cd33b.jpg

PXL_20240604_000544258.jpg.d6020b22f80caf513c6d1a6db0b305fe.jpg

PXL_20240604_005026544.jpg

Edited by SXXP
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I finished the rack I was building for my Rhinowalk soft luggage . Combined with the handles from Donner Tech it's on or off the bike with only 6 screws in less than 5 minutes.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 8

On 6/6/2024 at 2:35 AM, Ede-DE said:

I finished the rack I was building for my Rhinowalk soft luggage . Combined with the handles from Donner Tech it's on or off the bike with only 6 screws in less than 5 minutes.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

This is great inspiration. Part of my Rally Raid rack apparently snapped off and I'm trying to imagine a better design.

PXL_20240609_162128716.RAW-01.COVER.jpg.dc00efda000fbe5cf09a80002ecd8e0a.jpg

PXL_20240609_162208440.RAW-01.COVER.jpg.144390157a91051f56aa804a12a6a798.jpg

Not exactly sure when that happened, but kinda crazy to have it break at two points.

advgoats.com

11 hours ago, random1781 said:

This is great inspiration. Part of my Rally Raid rack apparently snapped off and I'm trying to imagine a better design.

PXL_20240609_162128716.RAW-01.COVER.jpg.dc00efda000fbe5cf09a80002ecd8e0a.jpg

PXL_20240609_162208440.RAW-01.COVER.jpg.144390157a91051f56aa804a12a6a798.jpg

Not exactly sure when that happened, but kinda crazy to have it break at two points.

If you mounted it rock solid it probably was damaged by vibrations. My rack is flexible with an underlay of rubber at the handles and a rubber covered clamp plus rubber bushings near the passenger pegs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

If you mounted it rock solid it probably was damaged by vibrations. My rack is flexible with an underlay of rubber at the handles and a rubber covered clamp plus rubber bushings near the passenger pegs.

It was, but I don't think there's really another way to mount it without everything being just loose. I had never considered damping a rack before but I like this idea.

advgoats.com

Work done over the past few weeks, but thoroughly tested (and approved) over the weekend with long ride through "The Bulge":

• Replaced Scorpion Rally STR with Mitas E07+
  • Took the opportunity to convert the rear rim to tubless with a 3M kit (4411N tape)
  • Soldered a JaxeADV BarButtons kit, 3D printed a housing and adapter to check if mounting it on the left hand mirror was a suitable position. Can now control DMD2, OSMAnd and music player (Spotify/VLC) from the handle bars
  • Like 2

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

@random1781

Consider to drill bigger holes in the panels and use some of these. At the footpegs you could weld a quiver to hold the lower end of the rod that must slip into a rubber inlay inside the quiver.

This is how the muffler of my BMW is fixed to the frame and absorbs the vibrations. Should work on your rack too.

BMW-Muffler.jpg

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, duibhceK said:

Work done over the past few weeks, but thoroughly tested (and approved) over the weekend with long ride through "The Bulge":

• Replaced Scorpion Rally STR with Mitas E07+
  • Took the opportunity to convert the rear rim to tubless with a 3M kit (4411N tape)
  • Soldered a JaxeADV BarButtons kit, 3D printed a housing and adapter to check if mounting it on the left hand mirror was a suitable position. Can now control DMD2, OSMAnd and music player (Spotify/VLC) from the handle bars

Pictures, we need pictures!

I took it out on the Dutch TT circuit in Assen. 

Drivers training for cornering on roads and tracks.

Because why not!

24AS5-5434.jpg

• Like 9

I like that picture!

In 1974 me and a friend visited the Dutch TT in Assen. When we arrived at the race track early in the morning at dawn we were amazed that the track was a part of the public street system. So we circled the race track on our fully packed 50 cc bikes. At the age of 17 we were very exited.

I had my 8mm (movie) camera with me and I have Phil Read, Giacomo Agostini, Johnny Cecotto and some more famous bike racers from that time on celluloid. Blurry quality but proof that I've been there.

• Like 4

On 6/10/2024 at 3:50 PM, Ede-DE said:

Pictures, we need pictures!

Didn't take any pictures of the whole tyre changing and tubeless conversion. But here's the result of the BarButtons install. Modded the 3D printed case so it could be installed above the other controls instead of the original mounting position more to the right. Also redesigned the case so I could use a screw terminal block to connect the USB power cable instead of permanently soldering it to the PCB board.

BarButtons controls are set to: zoom in/out, pan up/down/left/right, reset view, play/pause music, skip to next song, switch to most recent app

photo_6001098155204133654_y.jpg

• Like 2

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

Bar end weights - I was concerned after reading so many horror stories about stuck bar end weights that I was worried to do it. Was wrong- they both came right off. Mine is 2021. I am changing Touratech guards for the new SW Motech guards. IMG_9936.jpeg.c13cec4bf7df11785a13837d3171ca2e.jpeg

• Like 1

Got her packed and ready for a 2 week trip leaving in the morning. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, duibhceK said:

Didn't take any pictures of the whole tyre changing and tubeless conversion. But here's the result of the BarButtons install. Modded the 3D printed case so it could be installed above the other controls instead of the original mounting position more to the right. Also redesigned the case so I could use a screw terminal block to connect the USB power cable instead of permanently soldering it to the PCB board.

BarButtons controls are set to: zoom in/out, pan up/down/left/right, reset view, play/pause music, skip to next song, switch to most recent app

photo_6001098155204133654_y.jpg

Thanks for mentioning this, wish I had come across this before but it's on my list now.

Swapped out turn signals and my partner sewed up a little case canvas case for a spare HD tube that fits perfectly under the headlight.

PXL_20240612_222551658.RAW-01.COVER.jpg.25fe383c37e77050b36c934e3eac11c1.jpg

• Like 1

advgoats.com

2 hours ago, random1781 said:

Thanks for mentioning this, wish I had come across this before but it's on my list now.

Swapped out turn signals and my partner sewed up a little case canvas case for a spare HD tube that fits perfectly under the headlight.

PXL_20240612_222551658.RAW-01.COVER.jpg.25fe383c37e77050b36c934e3eac11c1.jpg

4k parti speciali makes a full windshield if you are wanting that baja xl covered fyi

Tossed some IMS rally pegs on to replace the camel ones I’ve been running.

Edited by Snowman
  • Like 2

Just now, Snowman said:

4k parti speciali makes a full windshield if you are wanting that baja xl covered fyi

Thanks, that does look pretty sleek. So far I'm enjoying the airflow I get this, but we'll see if that changes once we hit colder climates...

advgoats.com

1 hour ago, random1781 said:

Thanks, that does look pretty sleek. So far I'm enjoying the airflow I get this, but we'll see if that changes once we hit colder climates...

Are you on a rtw type trip?

On 6/2/2024 at 2:16 PM, jdub53 said:

@AZJW please delete if inappropriate or not allowed, but if anyone is curious about the KTM 890 Adv R seen behind my T7 in the above post that was my cousin's bike whom I've mentioned a few times on this forum.

My cousin, friend and riding buddy Scott passed away from cancer on Friday night, and several weeks ago he'd asked me to take and sell his bike, trailer and all his motorcycling gear for his estate. I have the bike posted several places for sale including here if anyone is looking for a deal on a well cared for 890 Adv R:

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/2021-ktm-890-adv-r-in-pa-price-reduced-7-800.1735267/

Thanks

Sorry to hear of your loss. Wish you strength.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, vagrant318 said:

Are you on a rtw type trip?

Something like that....been going for almost three years, but we haven't made it that far!

map3.png.cfc22babe4fdde7a1784d134732d5cf4.png

• Like 5

advgoats.com

Almost 3 years ago, I bought my T7. A couple of of weeks later, I attempted a small river crossing just to see if I could and dropped the bike midway through. Today, I came across the very same crossing and decided to have my revenge. I failed and dropped it again at almost the exact same spot. Here's to hoping that third time's the charm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 6/13/2024 at 11:03 AM, random1781 said:

Something like that....been going for almost three years, but we haven't made it that far!

map3.png.cfc22babe4fdde7a1784d134732d5cf4.png

Awesome 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...