Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

1 hour ago, Snowman said:

660lb one is the one I have

I just rode over to the local trash dump- they charge by the pound so their scale is free if not dumping anything. That is where I found out I have added 120 pounds to my bike 😞

• Haha 1

Camel auxiliary fuel tank added. I am very happy with this mod, gets me to 200 miles between fill ups.  Easy install.

20240519_195807.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/21/2024 at 7:13 PM, Chris618 said:

Camel auxiliary fuel tank added. I am very happy with this mod, gets me to 200 miles between fill ups.  Easy install.

20240519_195807.jpg

Cool. I’d say on road (normal riding) you’d easily get 250. 👍Obviously not off-road or playing. 😉

• Like 1

Is the standard tank not good for 200

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Is the standard tank not good for 200

Yes As far has I know we are good for 230 miles stock while being careful and with a auxiliary tank like that one 310 miles... At least that's what I have been told by a buddy of mine that has one of these auxiliary tank.  if that tank is 5 liters or 1.3 gallon the math checks out.   

Edited by maddog123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maddog123 said:

Yes As far has I know we are good for 230 miles stock while being careful and with a auxiliary tank like that one 310 to 350 miles at least that's what I have been told by a buddy of mine that has one.   

Then I’m confused

6 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Then I’m confused

200miles of Offroad riding maybe, not sure lets see his response...   

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Then I’m confused

Wonder does he mean he pumps it’s contents up at to get another 200 miles extra. Or 200 totally flat out off-road. 

Posted (edited)

I have been traveling from WV to NY at 80-90 mph and would need gas at 150 miles, now it will go 200 miles before fill ups.  On the MABDR I made 224 miles with 2 bars still showing.  I have not tested how far I can push it,  but I am happy with the extra reserve for highway travel.

Edited by Chris618

Just now, Chris618 said:

I have been traveling from WV to NY at 80-90 mph and would need gas at 150 miles, now it will go 200 miles before fill ups.  On the MABDR I made 224 miles with 2 bars still showing.  I have not tested how far I can push it,  but I am happy with the extra reserve for highway travel.

70+ mph kills the T7's gas mileage on the road, and off road deep sand does it.

• Like 2

advgoats.com

Posted (edited)

20240527_191325.jpg.e3fba062e3dbfdceff1808c66f427bb9.jpgCan't imagine I'm the first to do this bit got sick of wind blast and faffing with windscreens.

Airflow still isn't as clean when I'm standing but it's better than anything I could get with a screen adjuster.

It's just the stock screen with four new holes

Looks a bit of a big  bare thing as it is, might remove the wrap or add a sticker or summat 

20240527_191317.jpg

Edited by sunndog

13 minutes ago, sunndog said:

20240527_191325.jpg.e3fba062e3dbfdceff1808c66f427bb9.jpgCan't imagine I'm the first to do this bit got sick of wind blast and faffing with windscreens.

Airflow still isn't as clean when I'm standing but it's better than anything I could get with a screen adjuster.

It's just the stock screen with four new holes

Looks a bit of a big  bare thing as it is, might remove the wrap or add a sticker or summat 

20240527_191317.jpg

I had a short screen for a while, definitely an improvement. Now I have two screens, the short one behind the OEM screen (rised), and I can't tell if it's better 😂

• Haha 1

I bought a tall one off aliexpress which does work pretty well but makes the bike look awful 

Just for tits and pickles I might try a spoiler on the short screen....kinda don't want to in case it's great then I'd have to have a spoiler on there 😆

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tenerider said:

I had a short screen for a while, definitely an improvement. Now I have two screens, the short one behind the OEM screen (rised), and I can't tell if it's better 😂

See what you mean about not being able to tell

Just been out for half an hour fiddling with the spoiler. Thankfully couldn't make it noticeably better 

20240528_172442.jpg

20240528_172431.jpg

• Like 1

New plugs and antifreeze. I was expecting it to be a major pita from what I've read but thought it was a pretty simple job. 2 hours from start to finish with coolant change. 

23k miles and both plugs were at 1 mm. Spec is .8-.9 so a tenth out but still ran good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunndog said:

Just been out for half an hour fiddling with the spoiler. Thankfully couldn't make it noticeably better 

20240528_172442.jpg

Looks to me like you brought the height back up to stock with the "extension".  Although I have Steg Pegz that support my core, with the extension raised on my stock windshield I can comfortably stand on the freeway at 70 MPH ( wind not hitting my chest and shoulders. Obviously the Steg Pegz make it even more comfortable but I don't see any adjustment you can make to yours to make it help with anything wind related. Sorry

19 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Looks to me like you brought the height back up to stock with the "extension".  Although I have Steg Pegz that support my core, with the extension raised on my stock windshield I can comfortably stand on the freeway at 70 MPH ( wind not hitting my chest and shoulders. Obviously the Steg Pegz make it even more comfortable but I don't see any adjustment you can make to yours to make it help with anything wind related. Sorry

Yeah I only tried the spoiler for the sake of completeness since I had it laying around. Plus it tilts so there's different levels of deflection 

Wind when standing doesn't bother me I just seem to be the "right" height for any stock screen to direct wind into me eyeballs when seated 

Lowered screen will do me. Much less turbulence than stock position 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sunndog said:

20240528_172442.jpg

20240528_172431.jpg

Good! So you can ditch it notonly for looks, but also because it doesn't help.

• Like 2

After a friend I was following told me at a stop recently "Your front blinkers are so dim, I can't even see them", I finally bought a pair of Cyclops's bright new Tuff-Light LED signals to replace their first generation T7 LEDs. Both have a running light function also.

I'd replaced the 1st gen rear Cyclops blinkers a couple of years ago with much brighter LED units from 12 O'Clock Labs after swapping bikes with my cousin and seeing how frightening dim they were while following my T7.

The new Tuff-Lights are also much beefier with better construction, and should never require the superglue I had to apply numerous times to the front Cyclops units to hold them together.  Old and new lights shown for comparison, and the brightness difference is much more evident in person. 

20240601_094308.jpg.8fe4fe5206d1f5beceaa7fbcef0c3e18.jpg20240601_105803.jpg.714c5a8bba2b42e10f8770b2d82b86d2.jpg20240601_105823.jpg.17fb2cc87f2d97211721d29e09bb431b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdub53 said:

After a friend I was following told me at a stop recently "Your front blinkers are so dim, I can't even see them", I finally bought a pair of Cyclops's bright new Tuff-Light LED signals to replace their first generation T7 LEDs. Both have a running light function also.

I'd replaced the 1st gen rear Cyclops blinkers a couple of years ago with much brighter LED units from 12 O'Clock Labs after swapping bikes with my cousin and seeing how frightening dim they were while following my T7.

The new Tuff-Lights are also much beefier with better construction, and should never require the superglue I had to apply numerous times to the front Cyclops units to hold them together.  Old and new lights shown for comparison, and the brightness difference is much more evident in person. 

20240601_094308.jpg.8fe4fe5206d1f5beceaa7fbcef0c3e18.jpg20240601_105803.jpg.714c5a8bba2b42e10f8770b2d82b86d2.jpg20240601_105823.jpg.17fb2cc87f2d97211721d29e09bb431b.jpg

You use your indicators? I thought they were for display purposes. 😂🍺

if you let cars know your intentions, they’ll try to stop you. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2024 at 12:47 PM, Tenerider said:

Yeah I think Hercules chose to do the 12 labours instead of trying to solve the buffeting issue on the T7. 😁

• Haha 1

@jdub53 I just went through the same process - a friend complained that he couldn't see my turn signals in sunlight. I bought the Cyclops Tuff signals and am waiting for them to arrive. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

@jdub53 I just went through the same process - a friend complained that he couldn't see my turn signals in sunlight. I bought the Cyclops Tuff signals and am waiting for them to arrive. 

When I couldn't figure out from the Cyclops website what exactly I need to buy for front replacements, I called and spoke with a very helpful lady. Without me asking she discounted the blinkers because I was a returning customer (I also have their LED hedlight kit on my R1200RT), and when I noted the surprisingly high shipping costs she discounted that too. Great service.

@AZJW please delete if inappropriate or not allowed, but if anyone is curious about the KTM 890 Adv R seen behind my T7 in the above post that was my cousin's bike whom I've mentioned a few times on this forum.

My cousin, friend and riding buddy Scott passed away from cancer on Friday night, and several weeks ago he'd asked me to take and sell his bike, trailer and all his motorcycling gear for his estate. I have the bike posted several places for sale including here if anyone is looking for a deal on a well cared for 890 Adv R:

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/2021-ktm-890-adv-r-in-pa-price-reduced-7-800.1735267/

Thanks

• Sad 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jdub53 said:

@AZJW please delete if inappropriate or not allowed, but if anyone is curious about the KTM 890 Adv R seen behind my T7 in the above post that was my cousin's bike whom I've mentioned a few times on this forum.

My cousin, friend and riding buddy Scott passed away from cancer on Friday night, and several weeks ago he'd asked me to take and sell his bike, trailer and all his motorcycling gear for his estate. I have the bike posted several places for sale including here if anyone is looking for a deal on a well cared for 890 Adv R:

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/2021-ktm-890-adv-r-in-pa-price-reduced-7-800.1735267/

Thanks

Your post is more than appropriate,  losing a friend is tough, sorry for your loss. Condolences to the family. My son & I went through this about 2 years ago. PM inbound. 

• Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS