Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

On 8/22/2023 at 6:43 PM, Chris618 said:

Installed dominator exhaust from ebay.  Sounds throaty and just a tad louder than stock.  Easy install,  works with stock tail section.  Cost $450 shipped.

Tenere 700 2019 - 2020 / Tenere 700 / Yamaha / Exhausts Systems for motorcycles

20230822_084529.jpg

20230822_084538.jpg

Do you know what tail tidy's may work with that exhaust? I've been debating that exhaust.

11 minutes ago, RiderEh said:

Do you know what tail tidy's may work with that exhaust? I've been debating that exhaust.

Sorry, I dont.  Maybe send them an email?   I like the exhaust even though it is a tad louder, it is not obnoxoius.  And I like the bend of it in case of a fall.

1 minute ago, Chris618 said:

Sorry, I dont.  Maybe send them an email?   I like the exhaust even though it is a tad louder, it is not obnoxoius.  And I like the bend of it in case of a fall.

Did you get the db killer for it? https://dominator.pl/en_US/p/DB-Killer-Medium-Prosty-48-32/3283

39 minutes ago, RiderEh said:

Thank you!

I did not order that.  

Correction:  it came with the medium db killer from the ebay purchase.  I have no complaints with this exhaust.  I really like it.

Screenshot_20230828-172205_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Chris618

On 8/15/2023 at 2:32 PM, qInvention said:

Today, I visited TFX Suspension in Weert (NL), where my bike entered their shop and was completely transformed when it came out.

So far I can say that it feels more stable, planted  nimble, but I'll fiddle around a bit with the clickers in order to get to the perfect settings for my riding style... more details to follow.

20230815_144759.jpg

Please let us know how you are progressing.  Are you hard off road?  Not sure if I need to do my suspension as I don't feel I am missing anything... perhaps I am not a true off road warrior that I would know the difference?  Would love to hear some non-experts reviews on suspension of why they felt compelled to upgrade. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, RiderEh said:

@RiderEh 

GP1 bargain needs DB killer too… 

500_500_productGfx_e88800809101cb5af7789

DOMINATOR Exhaust System - polish producer of Exhaust systems

15 hours ago, roygilbo said:

Please let us know how you are progressing.  Are you hard off road?  Not sure if I need to do my suspension as I don't feel I am missing anything... perhaps I am not a true off road warrior that I would know the difference?  Would love to hear some non-experts reviews on suspension of why they felt compelled to upgrade. 

I'll be upgrading because there is something with this bike (21" front wheel probably doesn't help) that makes it feel like it oscillates up and down on pavement.  I can actually watch the front end moving up and down rather than the forks compress and rebound.  It's done that since new and through my fork oil change, fork spring change and spring preload change.  I believe it's in the valving.  I can be full soft/ full hard and no change in that.  It's not real bad but noticeable and starting to annoy me especially after I ride a street focused bike.

That and the bike gets to be a handful off-road when things get a little rougher.  Its weight starts to show and I think a revalve will reduce that quite a bit.

Installed my wifey- purchased B-day present!  I have these bar backs on my FJ and like them so I thought why not for the T7.  Went for a short 100 mi ride and not only do they make the cockpit more comfortable but so far they have also eliminated some arm/ shoulder pain I've been experiencing.

2023-08-2811_39_37.jpg.75eac91d5c3867ae6dbd90026fb464b3.jpg

2023-08-2811_39_56.jpg.399003af1dd6a4c825bc2b2f3ad00b88.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

@RiderEh 

GP1 bargain needs DB killer too… 

500_500_productGfx_e88800809101cb5af7789

DOMINATOR Exhaust System - polish producer of Exhaust systems

That one looks so short it must be terribly loud. One of the links quotes 101 db, the longer one is 96db. Quite the difference.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, RiderEh said:

That one looks so short it must be terribly loud. One of the links quotes 101 db, the longer one is 96db. Quite the difference.

@RiderEh No. Not loud once you put a DB killer baffle in it. The longer one I think is not as good for my saddle bag pannier, hence the short low one for me. And short one is very cheap and still sounds nice with medium DB Killer.

On 8/30/2023 at 2:12 AM, Fazemon said:

Finally got it the way I wanted it to be!!

DSCN1546 (1).JPG

Looks great - fastest color by they way ! ...Until someone posts about some part that is a must have :-)I don't see Steg Pegz or Twin Pegs on this side or a real skid plate....

On 8/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, Noel McCutcheon said:

IMG_0067.jpeg.72aa972b84814e7d28670f94f5b27943.jpeg.3f820dfa36b2287a4effe659f083eac8.jpeg

Nice saddle bag arrangement, wouldn't work with my high exhaust unfortunately.

5 hours ago, NeilW said:

Looks great - fastest color by they way ! ...Until someone posts about some part that is a must have :-)I don't see Steg Pegz or Twin Pegs on this side or a real skid plate....

How can you be a real rider with the stock footpegs and turn signals?! 

Also I believe the fastest color is the white.. 😉

6 hours ago, vagrant318 said:

How can you be a real rider with the stock footpegs and turn signals?! 

Also I believe the fastest color is the white.. 😉

It is common knowledge that white is the fastest color ✌️

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, winddown said:

Nice saddle bag arrangement, wouldn't work with my high exhaust unfortunately.

@winddown Cheers... Yeah, you'd need a heat-shield on exhaust.

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, john_aero said:

Trying to cure a hangover on the “ukgser” annual Leenane outing

IMG_5296.jpeg

Ah Connemara Loop 🙂.... A nice day there for it.

9 hours ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

Ah Connemara Loop 🙂.... A nice day there for it.

was a great weekend and lot biking done over 3 days 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, john_aero said:

was a great weekend and lot biking done over 3 days 

@john_aeroI rode T7 round there 2020. Where do the trails start / end?? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

@john_aeroI rode T7 round there 2020. Where do the trails start / end?? Thanks.

There is a load of them, these were around Achill island. I just went up those I like look of, there was no pre planned route. As i passed a trail i would check GPS and see if it looked like a good one

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, john_aero said:

There is a load of them, these were around Achill island. I just went up those I like look of, there was no pre planned route. As i passed a trail i would check GPS and see if it looked like a good one

Spot on. Thanks.

Went for a ride with a life long friend on Labor day.   273 miles through a combo of twisty, wonderful on road and some fantastic power line / seasonal road / abandoned resort areas south of me.   Bike was a champ the entire day, though I am planning on going back to the stock rear fender I think, as long as there's no turn signal interference w/ the exhaust.  Mud gets everywhere!

Probably one of the best single day rides I've been on yet.

one.jpg

three.jpg

two.jpg

six.jpg

four.jpg

five.jpg

seven.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, headwinded said:

abandoned resort areas south of me

Looks like something you would see in the Soviet Union, not New York State!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~