Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

19 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

@bookwormhands I used a Rigid Model 103 that cuts down to 1/8".  It needs to be small to be used in that area.

I realize that it says for copper, aluminum and brass, but it cut the mild steel just fine.  At the worst, I might have dulled the blade a little, but I have used it since and it worked as expected.  Replacement blades are inexpensive if needed.

@Hollybrook, thanks for sharing.  One other question; what paint did you use?  Also looking for a bottle/can of paint to have on hand for frame scuff touch up

@bookwormhands I used some old rattle can black paint, probably flat black engine paint, after some primer, but I do not really remember.  It is completely covered by the CamelADV bracket.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

This is just a heads-up that both the Enduro and Rally bends are back in stock now. We don't have many of them, so if you've been waiting, now's the time.

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

This is just a heads-up that both the Enduro and Rally bends are back in stock now. We don't have many of them, so if you've been waiting, now's the time.

I ordered mine today with a few other goodies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Had mine ordered within 2 minutes of getting the stock notification.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
21 hours ago, forty2 said:

Had mine ordered within 2 minutes of getting the stock notification.

22 hours ago, Marcelo said:

I ordered mine today with a few other goodies. 

Thanks for your business guys!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Thanks for your business guys!

Hi,

I was just wondering if you would look at selling only the exhaust hanger bit as an option?

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

Got excited that USPS said mine was out for delivery today only to have them claim no one was here to accept the delivery… which is a lie. So is the part where they said they left a note. 

Now USPS doesn’t seem to know where it is. 

ugh. 

I had that happen with a delivery. I  had to call the vendor to find out what had happened and get their records fixed. It turned out that an employee botched the package scan and I was being alerted to an unrelated delivery. I never got the product but I did get a refund. 

@Moopsie, I had the same thing happen this week when an Amazon package was delivered by USPS. Remember, this is the time of year they do their big hiring, and the people being sent out may not last more than 1 or 2 runs. 

1 hour ago, Montesa_VR said:

I had that happen with a delivery. I  had to call the vendor to find out what had happened and get their records fixed. It turned out that an employee botched the package scan and I was being alerted to an unrelated delivery. I never got the product but I did get a refund. 

I’m not THAT worried as I’ve had a few other packages from @Camel ADV show up just fine. 

However, our local USPS has gotten so bad that our state rep was grilling the postmaster about it. People here are getting letters from the IRS because their tax returns haven’t left the state.

Google USPS palmetto sorting facility if you want to see great moments in government ineptitude.

In the 1980s in a small town in Nebraska I sat in a room with over a hundred people to take a test to qualify for a small chance at a job with the postal service.  Today they will hire anyone who comes in the door, but most of the people they hire don’t stay long enough to learn their duties. I don’t know what changed. 

• Supporting Vendor
5 hours ago, Moopsie said:

Got excited that USPS said mine was out for delivery today only to have them claim no one was here to accept the delivery… which is a lie. So is the part where they said they left a note. 

Now USPS doesn’t seem to know where it is. 

ugh. 

Please PM me your real name (unless you ordered under Moopsie 🤣) or order number so I can have a look at the shipment details.

• Like 1

@Camel ADVHello, I've recently received my Enduro with standard exhaust kit, I've installed it, but I am unable to get access to the db killer, I tried to remove the exhaust tip bolt but I couldn't, I've put more effort to unscrew it and the who tip turned sideways, there's a 1/4 gap where I am able to screw and unscrew the bolt, but trying to unscrew it feels like I am just unscrewing it instead, beforehand I did notice this bump above where the bolt is, could it have been stripped out of factory?

20240618_232638.jpg

• Supporting Vendor
13 hours ago, insistent said:

@Camel ADVHello, I've recently received my Enduro with standard exhaust kit, I've installed it, but I am unable to get access to the db killer, I tried to remove the exhaust tip bolt but I couldn't, I've put more effort to unscrew it and the who tip turned sideways, there's a 1/4 gap where I am able to screw and unscrew the bolt, but trying to unscrew it feels like I am just unscrewing it instead, beforehand I did notice this bump above where the bolt is, could it have been stripped out of factory?

I can't really say what the issue is. The bolt is a standard right-hand thread unit—righty-tighty, lefty-loosey—but the bolt is upside down, so it's the opposite of course.

The bolts are tight and thread-locked to help retain the insert, so they are tight to get out.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

I can't really say what the issue is. The bolt is a standard right-hand thread unit—righty-tighty, lefty-loosey—but the bolt is upside down, so it's the opposite of course.

The bolts are tight and thread-locked to help retain the insert, so they are tight to get out.

Ah, that would explain, I didn't try to pry it further when I saw the exhaust tip rotate as I applied more forces, I'll ride my bike for a while then try to remove it when the exhaust is still hot.

• 4 weeks later...

@Camel ADV Heya, it could just be normal but there's this sound that was bothering me since I've installed the exhaust, it sounds like a chirping? Ticking? Bubble noises beside the exhaust roar. Anyway here's the video. https://mega.nz/file/ofJWTIbL#1NGqgkBfIsHNfOu1DsBTMoVPy-O4KQ0qtahdnBFUpJM

I was wondering if it's normal? The db killer is removed.

Thanks

Edited by insistent

Sounds exactly like mine=normal. Open the garage door, less of echo.

11 hours ago, HK4me said:

Sounds exactly like mine=normal. Open the garage door, less of echo.

Alright thanks, I did keep the door closed so the phone microphone could pick it up more clearly. 😛