Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

So do they actually have anything at all for sale yet?  Link to group buy?

Looking for a standard height driver only comfort seat.

Just finished a 2500km ride, 90 percent asphalt and my ass does not like the stock seat.

Couple weeks is what I read yesterday.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:08 PM, SociallyStunted said:

Does this mean there is no storage for a tool pouch on the underside of the new seat pan like the OEM seat has?

No. Seat Concepts indicated that the OEM space is the same on the new seat SC pan. The Rally OEM pan has additional storage space that I was hoping to have on a new SC tall seat. I would like to know if they are making a cover that would work on the OEM rally seat pan. 

• Thanks 1

Seat concept has slep on the switch for  1 year and a half....this fantastic motorcycle is out in Europe for 2 years now. they should have ordered a seat from overseas and start the developement right away. ....everyone knew the T7 was coming to North America.

Edited by t7savard
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, t7savard said:

Seat concept has slep on the switch for  1 year and a half....this fantastic motorcycle is out in Europe for 2 years now. they should have ordered a seat from overseas and start the developement right away. ....everyone knew the T7 was coming to North America.

And what, just have a seat pan to work with and no bike?  SC is good at developing their products work with the machine's ergos.   Plus we all found issues with the two piece seat that need to be addressed.  And if they had pre-made their seats without proper testing, how pissed would we be having to deal with fitment issues on a new product we paid good money for?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, t7savard said:

They needed the freaking bike too to design their seat pans and seats, Mr Genius. 

They have been using my bike to design the seats. They are working on multiple seat models and the seats will be ready when they are ready.  And their seats will be ready long before sargent or corbin has seats ready. 

Accusing them of sleeping or whatever, thats just dumb. They will be the very first major seat manufactuer to release seats for the T7. They are gonna come give us all a group buy discount when the seats are ready. 

• Like 7

Camel ADV came out with a lot of after market accessories long before the first T7 touch the Canadian ground!! But anyway, i'm o.k. with my oem seat! 

2 hours ago, t7savard said:

Camel ADV came out with a lot of after market accessories long before the first T7 touch the Canadian ground!! But anyway, i'm o.k. with my oem seat! 

That’s because he imported a bike.

• Like 3

I picked up my second Seat Concepts seat last week.  A low comfort.  I like it almost as much as the one they made for my KLX!  There never is one as good as your first one.   Can't wait for the T7 saddle.

IMG_4326.thumb.jpg.7b82e9a551a7ef5d455c26e9d9d621bb.jpg62026019654__A7F3F95D-D2D4-4338-B59F-23365A2B6089.thumb.JPG.e925110dfff4101bed1e9fa5383f7964.JPG

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Yes, we needed the bike to be sure the slope was addressed in the seat shape. Plus the changes made for our one piece seat required the bike. 

Our one piece seat will have the same hooks for the stock rubber straps to hold the tools like the stock 2 piece seat. We will not make foams for the factory 1 piece seat as we will already have a lot of tooling and inventory in place for the versions we have planned.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Yes, we needed the bike to be sure the slope was addressed in the seat shape. Plus the changes made for our one piece seat required the bike. 

Our one piece seat will have the same hooks for the stock rubber straps to hold the tools like the stock 2 piece seat. We will not make foams for the factory 1 piece seat as we will already have a lot of tooling and inventory in place for the versions we have planned.  

Very nice. Any rough idea on its ETA?

Hi apologies for hopping on your site to ask a question about the older 2016 XT 660 Z Tenere but what I'm after is the rally seat but I'm guessing it will not just fit onto my bike (if at all) without significant modification? If not this, what else can I do to get a seat that doesn't force my crotch into the tank after 10 minutes riding. I'm 6ft 3 and 18 stone (181kgs) and where the seat rises for the pillion is exactly where I would normally sit but obviously cant ..any thoughts please?

18 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Thank for your answer to my question about a cover for the OEM rally seat pan. That's not a deal breaker for me. I understand that you can only stock what makes sense given production, cost, etc.

I appreciate the quality and service Seat Concepts provides. I've been very happy with the SC DR650 seat I've been using for over 20K miles. I will certainly by your 1-piece comfort seat for the T7 when it becomes available.

8 hours ago, Desert Mariner said:

I will certainly by your 1-piece comfort seat for the T7 when it becomes available.

same here. Run your seat on my 500 EXCF.

• Supporting Vendor
23 hours ago, Safmac01 said:

Hi apologies for hopping on your site to ask a question about the older 2016 XT 660 Z Tenere but what I'm after is the rally seat but I'm guessing it will not just fit onto my bike (if at all) without significant modification? If not this, what else can I do to get a seat that doesn't force my crotch into the tank after 10 minutes riding. I'm 6ft 3 and 18 stone (181kgs) and where the seat rises for the pillion is exactly where I would normally sit but obviously cant ..any thoughts please?

This is our tall seat for the 660 and it has no step up at the rear: 

235799348_medium.jpeg?v=1579881403

Details:This seat is 1.25 INCHES (31.75mm) TALLER than the standard seat  We removed material at the rear of the riders seating area to create a flatter seating area. This helps eliminate the slope into the tank. We also added a little width for more support. The added width and foam density...

Hi Seat Concepts, this all sounds good especially if available in the UK as you have indicated. 

I have the Yamaha low seat and find it very uncomfortable and I'm putting up with it at the moment but it does kind of limit time on the bike a bit !

I would be after a Low Comfort as the seat height is a real issue for me (got the lowering link too) but which would be best, the 2 piece Low Comfort, or the 1 piece Low Rally type seat ? It's the comfort I'm after first and foremost but would be interested in any other benefits the 1 piece seat would give. The Yamaha Rally seat was way too high for me to try on a Demo bike.  

I’m also in the UK, I’ll be wanting 2 X one piece Rally seats, medium height please. 👍

Edited by FredBasset

42 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Got a chance to ride our bike and used the prototype low seat. Really good for a low seat I think.

image0 (7).jpeg

Looks sexy!

• Like 1

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

I may have missed this but is there going to be a low two piece comfort  foam and cover set? And,I have the T7 seat joining kit fitted. 

I have the CB500x SC foam and cover fitted and its serving me well..no sliding into the front end of the seat now.

20 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Got a chance to ride our bike and used the prototype low seat. Really good for a low seat I think.

image0 (7).jpeg

That's looking good...great to get so much extra width on the seat without compromising the looks of the T7.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

image0 (7).jpeg

This already looks so much more comfortable compare to the low seat OEM option...can't wait to lay my butt on that thing...

Me thinks SC are going to do very well out of Yamaha’s failings 😉 

is there any chance you can do a Rally Seat cover for you standard height offering that keeps the original look of the Rally Edition please. 

FA67B256-9011-4E4F-A4D5-7B08EF9214C6.png

Edited by Alf Meister
  • Like 1