Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I talked to Seat Concepts today!

Cruizin

Waiting to hear further and see prototype!

Edited by RobFelicci

Update

Seat concepts is picking up my bike on Monday for a few days. I talked to Robert last night for a bit and he hopes to have some seats out by end of July.  Again, I have worked with them in the past, and they usually do a one time group buy as the seats are released, and then go back to normal pricing.  But, their normal pricing is usually much more competitive than your Sergeant or other custom seats.   

And their seat kits are fabulous.  I get one of their seats for every bike that I purchase. They offer so many options, and their craftsmanship is top notch.   Be patient, wont be much longer. Also, there are more bikes being delivered to the USA this month so this will also help us make the group buy more successful. 

When the seats are released, I'd appreciate you guys helping me share the news by sharing link to their future thread on here on your social media groups. So the Facebook and Instagram Zombies can get butt relief too! 

• Like 3

Awaiting news about confort seat... For the moment, I have the two pieces seat...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Update

Seat concepts is picking up my bike on Monday for a few days. I talked to Robert last night for a bit and he hopes to have some seats out by end of July.  Again, I have worked with them in the past, and they usually do a one time group buy as the seats are released, and then go back to normal pricing.  But, their normal pricing is usually much more competitive than your Sergeant or other custom seats.   

And their seat kits are fabulous.  I get one of their seats for every bike that I purchase. They offer so many options, and their craftsmanship is top notch.   Be patient, wont be much longer. Also, there are more bikes being delivered to the USA this month so this will also help us make the group buy more successful. 

When the seats are released, I'd appreciate you guys helping me share the news by sharing link to their future thread on here on your social media groups. So the Facebook and Instagram Zombies can get butt relief too! 

More bikes being delivered?

Im in, I hope they can make a seat that combines the passenger and main seat as one, like the rally

• Like 2

Will definitely be getting a SC tall comfort seat when it becomes available. 

I have an OEM LOW front seat section currently. Its OK and I've done 150 mile rides with it. I'm still looking forward to a Seat Concepts low seat. I'm just wondering if I want the 1 or 2 piece version.

@Adrenolin

Not sure what the purpose of the split seat was other than the ability to use the Mono seat rack from Yamaha.

I actually got the seat joining kit from T7Rally.com like removing the whole seat with the key, and thought it looked better to get rid of that useless strap.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, Cruizin said:

Update

Any update on a group buy for the Seat Concepts T7 seats?

So I stopped by Seat Concepts today . They are working on molds and seat pan designs for a whole bunch of different seats. 

Rally seat, comfort seat, low seat in varying different designs. They are going all out for this bike. Using my bike as a template. 

Time frame. Some seat kits that you can install yourself should be ready in a little over a month. I have installed their kits before and you really need a strong stapler like an air stapler , regular hand staplers won't penetrate the plastic seat pans.

Easy to do though . They supply the foams and seat covers in the DIY kits.

Full seats will take a little longer , as they have to have the seat pans and foams manufactured . We can expect their full seat kits starting in late fall. 

IMG_20200715_122018.jpgIMG_20200715_121011.jpgIMG_20200715_121005.jpgIMG_20200715_120133.jpgIMG_20200715_120104.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks for a bit of a factory tour. Looking forward to a High comfort option.

• Like 1

So I should probably hold off on buying that rally seat..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Putting a pin in this. 100% going in on the group buy if it happens. Their Tall Rally seat transformed the comfort level on my Honda.

Edited by med.jeeves
Can't spell
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, med.jeeves said:

Putting a pin in this. 100% going in on the group buy if it happens. Their Tall Rally seat transformed the comfort level on my Honda.

Group buy is for sure gonna happen when seats are ready.

Be sure to click "follow" at the top of this thread and then a box pops up and you choose how to be notified when thread is updated, so you don't miss out. You can follow / unfollow any important thread on the forum.

• Thanks 3

I'm getting to the point of selling my Ténéré now. I've never had a bike that is so uncomfortable. I bought the rally seat & it's no different. 24km & the pain starts. I just don't understand it. I'm really gutted as I've been waiting for 2 years to get a new bike. Maybe it's an age thing. I'm 55 & 96kg or maybe my butt is broken.

I'm currently doing a trip and just spend 2000k on the standard seat without too much issues. Personally I prefer the seat a tad harder, but even with 6+hour days no real pains.

I'm afraid it might be your butt.. maybe run it in a bit more (the butt, not the bike)?

• Like 2

Coming from a cycling background, how comfortable a seat is has more to do with how it contacts the actually weight carrying portion of your butt than how firm or soft it is. Road bike (the ones with pedals) seats, the high end ones, are designed to contact the bottom points of your pelvis, allowing your weight to sit naturally through the "balance points" of the body, without too much pressure anywhere else. For some people, a narrower firmer seat will be way more comfortable than a wider softer seat.

I'm 80kg, call it 87kg in gear, with a narrow waist and hips (US measurement 30" waist). The seat on my CB500X was too wide, and going with a narrower seat made it more comfortable. I can go from fill up to reserve light on it now. You might want to get a couple of cheap-ish seat pad shapes and experiment with widths/firmness before you give up on the bike. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Adventure6965 said:

I'm getting to the point of selling my Ténéré now. I've never had a bike that is so uncomfortable.

I've been riding bikes for almost 40 years and my ass has hurt after about 2 hours on every one of them on the highway, no matter what I tried to alleviate it. The only thing that works for me is ride twisties at warp speed to hang off the bike, or only ride offroad to stand on the bike.

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

The problem for me starts after 20 minutes. I used to be a dispatch rider many years ago & never had any issues. Maybe my butt has got too used to the comfort of a car seat & needs conditioning again.